Amber
Just Said Yes July 2020

Florist

Amber, on April 17, 2020 at 2:48 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved
How long does it take to hear back from a florist regarding your floral proposal? It’s been two weeks so far and I haven’t heard anything.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jacquelene, on April 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    That’s way too long. Some companies may not be checking there emails or voicemails due to the lockdown but that’s also unprofessional. People have a lot of questions in these uncertain times. I’d start reaching out to other florists.
  • Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    Most of mine took around a week or two to get back. I did have in-person meetings and phone calls with a lot of them to thoroughly discuss my vision so creating a custom proposal based on that took a little bit more time.

Are you looking to do large scale florals that might take a bit more time to quote out such as installations? Or were you just looking for basic pricing like a medium bouquet, boutonnières, small centerpieces?
  • Amber
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I told them I wanted a Bridal bouquet, small bridesmaid bouquet, two boutonnières, small flowers for my hair, and pink rose petals for the flower girls. And I sent them inspiration photos of my colors.
  • Karla
    Super February 2020
    Karla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that’s simple enough that should have been able to turn it around within two weeks. If you’re working with a chain florist shop or just an employee and not the actual owner, the delay may be because of stores being shut down. A lot of independent florists are doing virtual consultations and still churning out proposals.

I would definitely start getting quotes from at least a few other places/people. I got quotes from almost 20 different florists and had in-person consultations with close to a dozen before making a decision.
  • Msalberts
    Master October 2021
    Msalberts ·
    • Flag
    Idk, my florist took a while but she admitted that paperwork was not her forte. At least she communicated.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Considering they are not an essential business, they may not be working. Under normal circumstances, 2 weeks should be plenty of time to reply. Under current circumstances, waiting to hear a response when they're allowed to go back to work seems reasonable.
  • Jacquelene
    Dedicated October 2021
    Jacquelene ·
    • Flag

In a month and a half, I've had florist get something back to us in 24 hours and I have another taking two weeks (due to focus on Mother's Day first). But generally turn around-time is about a week for us.

Maybe contact the florist to see how much longer it will take for the quote.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics