Gabrielle
Dedicated June 2020

Florist Appt on October 3rd!

Gabrielle, on September 20, 2019 at 3:41 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 22
Saved Save

I have a florist appt on October 3rd and am SO excited for it!!

Does anyone have any insight on how much I can expect to pay for bouquets and boutonnieres? I am very hesitant of the thought of what florals are going to cost us! How many boutonnieres are normal? I am thinking groom and groomsmen, fathers, mothers, stepmothers, grandfathers, grandmothers, and officiant. That would be 19 boutonnieres total. Is that too much? I want to make sure all of our key people feel included.

Bouquets

-1 bride

-5 bridesmaids

Boutonnieres

-1 groom

-5 groomsmen

-2 fathers

-2 mothers

-2 stepmothers

-3 grandfathers

-3 grandmothers

-1 officiant

Bouquet Inspo

Florist Appt on October 3rd! 1

Groom Inspo

Florist Appt on October 3rd! 2

General Boutonniere InspoFlorist Appt on October 3rd! 3

22 Comments

• Alma
    Dedicated June 2020
    Alma ·

It all really depends on the florist itself.

I don't think that's too many I have 12 boutonnieres as I also want everyone to be included.

• Anna
    Expert August 2020
    Anna ·

Wow I love your bouquet inspo.
    We received quotes from around $90-$180 for a bridal bouquet, $75-$120 for bridesmaids bouquets, and $15-35 for boutonniere's/corsages (corsages for the women- were on the higher end towards $35). It really depends on the florist and their prices. I got quotes from 6 or 7 and those were the price ranges.

• Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    We offered our mothers the option of a corsage or nosegay instead of boutonnieres. 💕
  • Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

I talked to my mother about a corsage and she wasn't thrilled about the idea. My mom is a non-fussy kind of gal, so I think a boutonniere is the best option.

• Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

Even though they are kind of wide ranges, I appreciate sharing the info! Helps to give me a rough idea.

Our florist is a friend of my uncles so HOPEFULLYYYY we get a little bit of a break. If not, oh well.

• Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for make me feel like I am not going over-board with all these bout.'s! Sometimes a girl needs a little affirmation! haha

• Kate
    Devoted November 2019
    Kate ·

I would definitely have a sense of your budget going in! My florist asked me to fill out a form ahead of time with what I need, colors, budget, and had me create a Pinterest board with bouquets I liked, so they could put together ideas. A lot of times, florists can make something cheaper by using a less expensive flower (less rare, more in-season, etc.). I'd recommend maybe looking up what flowers are in season during your wedding month. That was what sold me on having white anemones in my bouquet!

• Mary
    Expert July 2019
    Mary ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally reasonable. My mom ended up taking off her corsage after the ceremony because she found it uncomfortable. 😅

We married in an expensive area. Bridal bouquet (cascade) was $245, bridesmaids bouquets were $115, and boutonnieres were $17.50.
  • Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

I have an entire packet I plan on giving to my florist! I love anemones! The inspo pic above does not have any, but there are other bouquets in my inspiration "packet" with them!!

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

My bouquet was $125 and included off-season, hard-to-get peonies (in December), bridesmaids' bouquets were $60, bouts were $15, and corsages were $25.

• B
    Expert March 2020
    B Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl, yes. They are a big part of my flower choices! I'm buying the flowers from a wholesale floral shop in my area and building them myself. I'm paying $200 for 4 bouquets, 4 boutonniers, a few small decorations worth, and some for the flower girls.

Florist Appt on October 3rd! 4
  • yung_coconut
    Savvy October 2019
    yung_coconut ·

Definitely shop around for florists. I'm getting married in Los Angeles, so it's a very expensive area. Florists styles can range from simple, intimate-style wedding flowers to Kardashian galas in Beverly Hills. I looked forever!

Luckily, I found an amazing florist who was able to work with my budget and still give me everything I want. My bridal bouquet was $100, bridesmaid bouquets were $65/each, mini bouquets for the moms were $30/each, and boutonnieres were $12/each.

• Prynne
    Devoted October 2020
    Prynne ·

My bouquet inspo is similar to yours! I just signed a floral contract, and these are the prices:

- Bridal Bouquet: $185

- Bridesmaid Bouquet: $75 each

- Boutonniere: $10 each

- Corsage: $21 each

- Flower Girl Crown: $18

- Flower Girl Petals: $8

- Cake Flowers: $20

There's also a 20% labor/service fee, and a delivery fee. (These seemed standard based on the few florists that I reached out to.)

• Harmony
    Dedicated June 2021
    Harmony ·

Agreed with most people on here, it really does depend on the florist.

Your bouquet inspiration is also a fairly large bouquet and they usually charge by the size so that may be something to think about.

Does the florist have a website? They usually try to provide some information under 'investment'. Maybe find them on WeddingWire and see what the average price is that brides usually spend when working with them?

Also I didn't think about getting the officiant a boutonniere but I love the idea now that you mention it! 😍

• Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment
    My florist is relatively new, less than 5 years in business. Her Facebook doesn’t have a ton and she is not on WW. I am hoping when I visit her shop that she has a portfolio or file of pictures for me to see. I know she does great work because I have received a handful of bouquets that she has done.
    I am in Indiana, so I am honestly not too terribly concerned about cost. I have a budget for florals and know that I am willing to spend every penny of it, so I’m not not toooo terribly concerned. Cost of living is moderate where I am and my budget has enough room to accommodate my requests. I just want to get a ballpark idea from people who have been there, done that.

Our officiant is an uncle of my FH, so I thought that bout was appropriate.
  • Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This is so helpful! Thank you!
  • Andrea
    Super October 2019
    Andrea ·
    I went to a small town florist, so this may factor into the prices. I made the corsages.

Bridal Bouquet: $150
    MOH Bouquet: $120
    Boutonnières: $12/each.

• Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is helpful! Thank you!!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

We paid $15 per boutonniere, $125 for my bouquet and $85 for bridesmaids bouquets.

• Gabrielle
    Dedicated June 2020
    Gabrielle ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is helpful!! THANKS!

Comment on this discussion