Amanda
Beginner October 2020

Floral Centerpieces

Amanda, on August 5, 2020 at 5:42 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 13
Saved

Did you make your own floral centerpieces or go with a florist for your wedding day? Wedding is taking place up in Sedona, AZ at Rogue hotel and spa.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Tara, on August 7, 2020 at 2:16 PM
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I originally planned to make ours, but realized after my first trial attempt that I was in way over my head. Flower arrangements are definitely not in my wheelhouse of talent! 😆 We will now be using a florist
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I see candles and greenery and it saved a lot of money
  • V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

We had our florist make our centerpieces. Unfortunately, I'm not crafty so I don't think they would've looked good had I made them. It also would've been difficult because the venue was 4 hours from where we live and 2 hours from where both of our families live so I wouldn't have been able to make centerpieces ahead of time unless I wanted artificial, but I definitely wanted real.

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    I’m using fiftyflowers.com. I recently also ordered wedding garland for the longer rectangular tables through Costco’s. I initially ordered the garland through 50flowers too but It was about $300 cheaper from Costco’s, so I canceled the garland and got it through Costco instead.
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I bought a few Sola wood flowers to test out putting together my own arrangements, but similar to Chrysta, realized super quickly that I should NOT be putting together my flower arrangements since it requires a lot more patience/talent than I possess! We ended up booking a florist.
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag
    We used a full service florist who made everything and took care of all the set up and cleanup. It was not cheap, but it was well worth the hassle and stress and in my opinion
  • A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    It actually ended up being most cost effective for us to use a florist. He gave me a lot of peace of mind and took a weight off, too. He’ll be doing all of the setup which really helps!
  • Katie
    VIP August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    We are making our own center pieces. We are using fake flowers. We decided to go with fake flowers for the center pieces because all the flowers at our wedding are fake. This is an example of our center pieces with the flowers Floral Centerpieces 1

Floral Centerpieces 2

• Alma
    Expert October 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag
    I get married a day before you in AZ! I was thinking of making my own centerpieces, but I was soooo stressed just thinking about it! Especially set up and all of that. I ended up hiring a florist and she made me feel so much better! She assured me I had nothing to worry about and to let her take care of everything. I gave her my budget and showed her a few photos of my vision. She said she would work with it and make it look beautiful. I highly recommend her. She will work with you ! She’s also my day of coordinator. @amazingflowersphoenix on IG if you are interested. Her name is BlancaSmiley smile
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I think in your case I’d do rental flowers.

• Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag

My florist is doing ours but we're keeping them on the simpler side. They'll be gold terrariums with greenery and fairy lights

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Unless you are very patient and confident in your diy skills, delegating the job to a florist is cheaper in many cases.
  • Tara
    VIP November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag

I used a florist... It wasn't something I wanted to take on my own as i didn't feel I had the time to. But I have a friend that ordered her flowers in bulk and did flowers herself! They turned out great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics