We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Andrea
Master January 2021

First Dance Songs?

Andrea, on February 2, 2020 at 9:19 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 1 51
Saved Save

Hey everyone!

What song are you going to have playing for your first dance with your future spouse? I really wanted to do "Angel of Mine" by Monica... I really do but the song just makes me burst into tears and they don't stop flowing until the end of the song! It's a beautiful song and totally speaks to me and fh's relationship and everything we've been through, which is why I get so emotional. So now, I'm sort of thinking about having this song as a processional song instead. What are you all doing? Upbeat? Slower tempos? Would love to know!!

51 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on January 21, 2021 at 12:45 PM
  • Sara
    Expert February 2020
    Sara
    • Flag
    Hi! I love angle of mine. It would make me cry too.

FH and I are dancing to "I wanna dance with somebody (who loves me)" by Whitney Houston. It's the first song we ever danced to as a couple so thought it would be fitting. 馃槉
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S
    • Flag
    We did Perfect. I cried when listening to certain songs before my wedding day, but I didn鈥檛 cry at all the day of. I was just having a lot of fun and living in the moment and I didn鈥檛 feel the same emotions as when I鈥檓 at home listening.
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Sara,

Yeah Angel of Mine is super emotional! Tell me about it. Oh yeah, that's definitely a really good song choice. Lots of love in that song and a bit more upbeat. Thank you so much for your input!

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey!

Perfect by who? Ed Sheeran, Hedley? Or someone else?

Wow, that is super interesting the emotions you felt on your special day vs. listening at home!! Thank you so much for your input!!

• Merline
    Super February 2020
    Merline
    • Flag
    I love Angel of Mine, get choice. I think we finally decided on Leela James - All Over Again.
  • Merline
    Super February 2020
    Merline
    • Flag
    Great choice*
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Merline,

Thank you so much. That song is REALLY beautiful and perfect for a first dance. Excellent choice!!!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    We did more than anyone by gavin degraw
  • Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's
    • Flag
    We鈥檙e planning on dancing to 鈥淚 get to love you鈥 by Ruelle. I think it is so beautiful!
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie
    • Flag
    Get a handkerchief and go for it!
    Fh and I chose 鈥淵ou Are The One鈥 by Matt Hires, not a well known artist (unless you watch Gray鈥檚 Anatomy because they love playing his songs lol). We saw him open for our first concert date together and both knew about 4 years ago that it would one day be our song
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you Melle

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, thank you Maggie for your input! Beautiful that you both knew that would be your song

• Jasmin
    Beginner October 2021
    Jasmin
    • Flag
    Hello,

I am thinking the song by H.E.R and Daniel Cesar Best Part or Point of it All by Anthony Hamilton. I'm still undecided.
  • Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    Our song is Lovesong by the Cure, because we're both a little off beat, but we agreed it was a little too melancholy for the first dance. So we're dancing to Fly Me to the Moon, which is sweet and romantic.
  • Devoted June 2020
    • Flag
    Speechless by Dan + Shay
  • Jill
    Expert April 2020
    Jill
    • Flag

We are doing "Love like this" by Ben Rector

• L
    Devoted August 2019
    Leaves232
    • Flag
    We danced go "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty.
  • AnaA
    Savvy October 2021
    AnaA
    • Flag

We just decided on an oldie but goodie- We belong together by Los Lobos

• Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea
    • Flag

Thank you all so much for responding and giving your input!! It really helped. And awesome song choices too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles