You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

K
Beginner October 2020

First dance songs

Karli, on January 6, 2020 at 11:15 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 9
Saved Save
Hello everyone!!!
How did you find your first dance song?

I'm struggling to find the perfect first dance song. I've been on youtube, pandora, spotify, and I've googled first dance songs. I feel like there are about 100 of the same songs that keep coming up but none of them are right for my fiance and I. Does anyone have suggestions on what category of songs to google or any playlists on pandora to look up? How did you find the right one?!
Thanks all!

9 Comments

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Is there a specific genre you'd prefer for your first dance? That's a good way to narrow down your search Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner October 2020
    Karli ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I dont have a specific genre which I guess is making it hard since it's so broad. I do know no country as my fiance isnt a fan and I want him to love it and feel it as much as I do.
  • Allyson
    Devoted February 2020
    Allyson ·
    • Flag
    Honestly I was listening to a random Spotify playlist and the song started playing. I fell in love! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLqJqhRw_-8

Spotify has lots of little love song playlists you could explore.
  • Carlie
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Carlie ·
    • Flag
    We are going with a song that has sentimental meaning to us and reminds us of our first few months of dating! Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine!
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We picked a song that we both really loved and that the lyrics really captured what our relationship and our wedding day was about.

We chose "Here Tonight (The Acoustic Sessions)" by Brett Young and Charles Kelley

• Kathryn
    Rockstar August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    We picked our song because he was being goofy and started dancing me around to it - Frank Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon. Our actual song is the cure's Love Song, but that's a bit melancholic for a first dance. Perfect for us though. Maybe you just need to hit a random playlist until something speaks to you.
  • C
    Dedicated September 2021
    C ·
    • Flag
    Spotify has a wedding songs playlist! We are going with “Thinking out Loud” by Ed Sheeran.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I remember hearing it on a TV show and since then it just stuck to me and I connected with the lyrics. I would find a song where the lyrics speak out your love story
  • Rhianna
    Devoted April 2020
    Rhianna ·
    • Flag

We're doing "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler (From the Wedding Singer lol). We thought it was playful and fit us perfectly.

A couple other songs we were considering were;

1. "Tenerife Sea" - Ed Sheeran

2. "Latch (Acoustic Version)" - Sam Smith

3. "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" - Sleeping at Last (this was almost our song, but then stumbled upon Grow Old With You)

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics