Cecy Rg
Dedicated October 2019

first dance argument

Cecy Rg, on July 19, 2019 at 4:22 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 14
Saved Save
My fiancé and I cannot choose a first dance song, and people suggesting songs is not helping at all, we have a song in mind but there’s different artists with the same song😐 I tried a remix and it was terrible, HELP! Any advice on choosing a song or an idea of leaving things alone when the stress of a wedding is over you 🔥

14 Comments

• Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Choose a song that reflects your relationship. We will be dancing to Amazed by Lonestar because after two years he still amazes me each and every day.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Exactly what Katie said! Pick a song that will always remind you of you and FH Smiley smile

• A
    Devoted August 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    We choose a song that I love my an artist my FH loves. If that makes sense. After we decided on our song we haven't told anyone what it is! That way there can be no negative responses or anything like that. Good luck
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted May 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

Just listen to every remix there is of the song until you settle on one you like. Or, if you have a DJ already, ask if they know a good/popular version of that song.

• Julie
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We did the same and it's definitely not a song most people know, but that's why WE love it.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    I put my fiance in charge of music.
    He picked our first dance song.
    And he did an AMAZING job.
  • Wendy
    Rockstar August 2020
    Wendy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love this song!!!! It’s so beautiful!!!
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    As soon as I heard it I knew that would be our first dance 🥰
  • Terra
    Expert September 2020
    Terra ·
    • Flag

Is the issue that you and your FH prefer different versions of the same song?

• Alli
    Devoted October 2020
    Alli ·
    • Flag

I let my FH pick the song (I Cross My Heart by George Strait) because I'm pretty much deciding everything else (at his request...). I'm not a huge country fan at all, but I love it because HE chose it. Don't overthink it. Having a song you like is a great starting point - especially if you both like it. Think about the tempo you prefer and just listen to all of your options. It will come to you!

• Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    If it is the same song and you each have a favorite version maybe have the DJ fade into it partway from the other one? Or play his and later that night yours?
    If its 2 different you are able to d either above option- I was a Wedding DJ & did this all the time. Someone skilled can fade into the song, and if it’s the same with the majority of DJ’s on laptops they can pick it up in lyrics to come in at that point and fade out of other so the words are seamless.
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

We chose an acoustic version of the Recycled Air by The Postal Service. It was at one of their concerts my FH told me loved me for the first time. Our photographer even played it for us at our photoshoot. Smiley heart Recycled Air

first dance argument

• Cecy Rg
    Dedicated October 2019
    Cecy Rg ·
    • Flag
    Mom knows best, my mom talk to me and said do not listening to the music of the song, listen to the words and its really beautiful, I might not be a fan of artist but I guess is a big MAYBE😉
  • Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Is there anyway go fsde it from one of the artists to another? Or maybe play the one fav as THE first dance and another towards end? As in your Fav and then his?

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics