Erin
VIP September 2023

Finally Settled on a Date!

Erin, on January 22, 2020 at 11:16 AM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved
I’ve been back and forth on the date for a while now xD. Yesterday I really wanted a winter wedding. I realized that my main issue wasn’t with actually wanting a winter wedding, but my 2 favorite cousins likely wouldn’t be able to go to a June wedding.

Well, I’ve decided on July 31st 2021. It’s a double bonus. It’s exactly 5 years since our 1st date, and it’s Harry Potter’s Birthday. It’s also a Saturday which we want. Barring my FH saying no, and any crazy wild thing. That is our date Smiley laugh

25 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!! Will you be including any Harry Potter themed ideas in the wedding? Smiley smile

• Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Changing my colors from Burgundy and Olive to Navy Blue and Olive (can’t do emerald, it’s too bright haha) with bronze and silver accents. He’s a Slytherin and I’m a Ravenclaw Smiley winking. I’m also going to have Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit and Harry Potter clue out for guests to play. It’s a more casual reception without dancing, so board games xD. But it’ll be more subtle than the full Harry Potter wedding I was planning to do before we slashed our budget.
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Love the board games idea, I could play board games all day long lol. Also love the combination of navy blue and olive, I don't think I've seen that before.

• Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love board games too xD. We also have a corn hole set that we won last year that we’ll probably put out. The average high in July where we’re getting married is 69F so it’ll be super comfortable outside too.
  • Vannesa
    Expert October 2021
    Vannesa ·
    • Flag

Congrats! So happy you picked a date I know I had a hard time with picking a date as well and finally just settled. My MOH is a Harry Potter fan too!

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is PERFECT weather, omg. We're getting married at the end of February and it's expected to be anywhere from 31-61 degrees. We're really hoping for warm weather so we can have our outside ceremony, but we're from the south where winters are very unpredictable lol. Just last week it was a high of 70 every day, this morning I woke up and it was 26 Smiley xd

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Yay congrats!

• Gloria
    Dedicated October 2023
    Gloria ·
    • Flag

You sound much more excited for your new date! Smiley laugh

• Gloria
    Dedicated October 2023
    Gloria ·
    • Flag

We kept bouncing around with different dates in May and April but I finally told my mom (in a nice way) that our wedding will be June 5th and that was it. What a relief that was!

• Erin
    Devoted September 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Congrats! Only advice i have is if you dont have a venue yet, dont fall completely in love with the date. The first date we wanted for September 2021 was already booked back in September 2019 when we picked the venue we wanted so we had to pick the date the week after the original!
  • Springbride
    Dedicated 0000
    Springbride ·
    • Flag

Its harry potters birthday THATS AMAZING (I'm currently re-reading the series), congrats on picking your date!

• Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations! I'm sure it set your mind at ease.
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We’ve picked Rocky Mountain National Park for our ceremony. They don’t accept permit applications until 1 year in advance. So as long as we get our application in on July 31st this year, and 6 other couples don’t pick the same date and get theirs in faster xD we should be good Smiley smile
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It really did Smiley smile I’m so excited.
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hadn’t even been looking at July before so I didn’t realize it was a Saturday xD. It’s too perfect to pass up.
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Glad you finally picked your date too!
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    There was still a chance of snow on my previous June date xD. Gotta love the mountains. There is a higher chance of rain in July, but it’s worth it.
  • Jennifer
    VIP August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Yes I love the Harry Potter connection!!!

• Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was originally planning a full Harry Potter themed wedding before we had to slash our budget to almost nothing. So the subtle connection is really nice for me.
  • Erin
    Devoted September 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg how beautiful!!! I love it there! That is going to look gorgeous 😍😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics