Long story short, we had to change our date twice and that was pre-pandemic. We moved it all to this year from last year and the vaccine is taking too long to roll out so I am already gearing up to postpone again. We talk to our venue at the end of the month and I'm going to see what I can do about finding another date. What pushed me to it is I have been seeing a lot of brides in my area postponing their August/September/october weddings so I don't want to not be able to get a date. It just sucks. We eloped last year but we literally paid the whole wedding off already. And I never got to wear my dress. I just want to wear my dress 😭
I think postponing now is a little premature. August is 7 months away and there is no way of knowing what Covid will be like them. After postponing twice already, I would try everything possible to keep your current date.
View Quoted Comment
We were originally going to wait until may to call it, but all vendors are booking incredibly fast for next year so we don't want to risk it. It will all come down to whether our venue will allow a second postponement. If they won't let us, then we will just have to wait and see.
Our wedding was postponed from April 2020 to October 2020 to October 2021. And considering pushing back until June 2022. I agree with pp its a little too early to tell. For me Im going to set a deadline by end of April to make a decision but might call my venue ahead of time to put a soft hold on June. Our wedding celebration is 75% paid for. We also eloped last year.
Thinking about it is sooo overwhelming. I just had a big brainstorm about everything once the new virus variant came about. Try to take it one step at a time.
I think it's too soon to postpone right now, and frankly I'd be surprised if they allow another postponement. Have you thought about just switching venues? Thats what my fiancee and I did. Would you be willing to postpone a 4th time? Idk eventually your just gonna have to have it, COVID or NOVID.
I’d try to wait a bit longer, but definitely consider not having the kids attend!
I would definitely speak with your venue ASAP to see what your options even are. If they would allow you to postpone again, I would ask them what dates they still have available in 2022 and whether they will place a soft hold on a date for you while you decide. (I know a lot of venues have stopped doing soft holds, but maybe they would agree to hold the date for a couple weeks just to give you and your fiancé time to decide on whether or not you want to post). It’s such a hard place to be in as a 2021 bride. We just went through this same thing last week. On the one hand, you want to wait as long as possible to see if things get better and you are able to have your wedding on the current date. But, on the other hand, vendors are filling up quickly (if not already full) for 2022 weekends, and some are even starting to fill up the popular months of 2023! so you don’t really have to option of waiting very long to decide. It’s a horrible catch 22 situation.
View Quoted Comment
I totally get it girl. Our wedding was postponed from November 2020 to November 2021. But, with the way things are going right now, we were not confident we would be able to have the type of wedding we wanted by Fall of this year. Initially we were going to wait until Summer to make a decision, but soooo many people were postponing already to 2022, it made me nervous. So I decided to contact my vendors, and I am so glad I did! I found out they had our date available next year, but 3 of them were already booked on our date in 2023! So it was either we roll the dice and hope things worked out this year, but if they didn’t we would not be able to have our wedding date until 2024... or just bite the bullet and go for the safe bet and just postpone to 2022. This pandemic STINKS! It’s almost worse for brides now in 2021 then it was in 2020- last year you knew for sure you had to postpone... this year you are just stuck in limbo and have to make a decision based off a guess as to whether or not it will be better by the time your date rolls around (and knowing if you do that, there is a chance you will not get another weekend until 2023)