Mac2Bee
Devoted September 2018

Favorite Love Songs

Mac2Bee, on October 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved

FH and I are pretty set on the kind of vibe we are going for during our brunch reception and one of the things we want to do is create our own playlist for both the cocktail hour and the 2 1/2 reception.

The entire reception is designed to encourage socializing and mingling of our guests but we want to add some more personalized, meaningful music to the background. The majority of the songs we are looking at are love songs from all different genres. We barely have 25 on our list which might get us through cocktail hour and the first 30 minutes of the reception. I need more ideas! He keeps trying to veto some of my great ideas so I need some more. Smiley smile

Please share your absolute favorites or even some you only kinda like!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Abby, on October 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

You & Me - Dave Matthews.

• Mac2Bee
    Devoted September 2018
    Mac2Bee ·
    • Flag

@Kate - we have looked at those kinds of lists. He always poo-poos most of the songs. He tends to want to lean more of a coffeehouse/acoustic sound.

@Bess - I love the Ramones!

• Runawaybride
    VIP May 2017
    Runawaybride ·
    • Flag

Literally just going through my iTunes:

"That's When I Love You" by Aslyn. So sweet, and I don't hear a lot of people talk about it.

"How Long Will I Love You" (there are a few different artists who do this one--Ellie Goulding is the more slow, melodic version, and there's a more "upbeat" version by Jon Boden and some others)

"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" Aerosmith

"Marry Me" by Train, but I'm sure you've thought of that one.

"18th Floor Balcony" by Blue October

My mom would be horrified if I didn't mention one of her favorites, "Feels Like Home." by Edwina Hayes.

Another cliche: "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele

"Not Fire, Not Ice" by Ben Harper

"She's Got A Way," Billy Joel

"Arms" Christina Perri

"What Would I Do Without You" by Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors

"Cover Me Up" by Jason Isbell (that one is kinda sad though) and another good choice would be his latest duet with his wife "If We Were Vampires."

"Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat

"Love" by Matt White is a cute, light one

"One Picture" by Peter Bradley Adams, or "So Are You To Me" is sweet too

"A Thousand Years" I have the Piano Guys version, but the original is Christina Perri right?

I've always liked "I Won't Give Up," by Jason Mraz, but to me that song is more about a struggling relationship.

If you like country music, the song "Got Whatever It Is" by the Zac Brown Band is really sweet .

I hope that gives you some ideas!

• Cali_Summersunshine
    Beginner June 2016
    Cali_Summersunshine ·
    • Flag

Ruelle has a good one called I Get to Love You Storm also by Ruelle Ross Cooperman's Hunger, So close by John McLaughlin, Arms by Christina Perri, Lifehouse's song You and Me. These are some of my favorites

• Abby
    Dedicated October 2017
    Abby ·
    • Flag

"Ordinary World" by Green Day is surprisingly romantic and pretty, with acoustic guitar. Not punk at all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics