Liz
Dedicated November 2017

Father Daughter Dance song

Liz, on July 13, 2017 at 8:30 AM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved

I am trying to find the best song possible to dance to with my dad at our reception. He is amazing and always there for all of us but not very emotional. So... I'm looking for advice on a song to pick?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Miriam, on July 13, 2017 at 1:38 PM
  • M
    Savvy October 2017
    MadsRae ·
    • Flag

I had a really hard time picking out my father/daughter dance. My father is not emotional either, either is my future mother in law. So my fiancé and I kind of took a risk and are having them choose the dances we dance too. We were both very pleasantly surprised with what they chose and they were really touched we asked!

• Nicole
    Devoted October 2017
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I'm using the song I loved her first by heartland

• andrea
    Super September 2017
    andrea ·
    • Flag

Everything I do by Bryan Adams is me and my dads song

• Susan
    VIP December 2017
    Susan ·
    • Flag

My dad and I are between Zippide Doo Dah, because that's the only song he could sing so he sang it to me as a child, or What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, because we both love big band jazz. FH is dancing to You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story with his mom. Is there a genre you and your dad really like or a childhood favorite? I say to start there and don't be afraid to think outside of traditional dance songs, Zippidie Doo Dah certainly isn't!

• Liz
    Dedicated November 2017
    Liz ·
    • Flag

He enjoyed music like bruce Springsteen ... Roy Orbison... Credence Clearwater ... that kind...

• Liz
    Dedicated November 2017
    Liz ·
    • Flag

All the songs I'm finding are what my dad would sing to me. I want one from me to him

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    Miriam ·
    • Flag

If you want a song from you to your dad, there' sa pretty one from Nancy Sinatra to her dad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics