Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GDavis
Just Said Yes April 2021

Family Issues: Invitations

GDavis, on June 9, 2020 at 9:31 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 7

Need some advice. My cousin has been bashing me for the last 2 years because of photos taken for her wedding. It has now gotten to the point that whenever given the opportunity she degrades me. I have initially invited her and her husband because well, family, but it has gotten to the extent where our relationship is very toxic. How can I go about respectfully uninviting them? And if this was to erupt into a family issue (which it does 99.99% of the time *again super toxic* hence I moved away) how do I go about it because they don't listen to me a majority of the time anyways.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on June 10, 2020 at 3:40 PM
  • Belle
    VIP August 1997
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I am sorry for you. Well, I don’t know how to “respectfully” uninvite anyone, but it that happens to me, I would say something like “Well, if you can’t respect me please don’t feel obligated to attend my wedding” and hoping they confirm their absence from the party. Good luck! 🥂
  • J
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

If invitations have already gone out, unfortunately you can't uninvite anyone. Say a prayer she decides to stay home. If she does attend, you will be focused on other things and people to not notice her.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Actually, this might do the trick!
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Well the invite is already out there. Hopefully in your favor she won't show up but especially if you bring up the fact that you no longer want her there, it sounds like she would be the type to show up just to spite you. I seriously hope that won't be the case. I'm really sorry you're going through this.

• Caitlin
    Expert January 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Ugh, that must suck. unfortunately things like this do happen. i would simply say "if you cant be respectful to me, then i request that you dont come as i want to spend my day with people who actually want to be there". i cant imagine why she would feel the need to take jabs at you, but thats how some people make themselves feel better. i would say something that doesnt necessarily uninvites them, but rather something that makes her second guess her decision to attend if that makes sense. good luck!
  • Jayne
    Dedicated June 2022
    Jayne ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Can you give us a little more background? You said the issue was about pictures taken at her wedding. Obviously she feels that you negatively impacted her wedding. I would be concerned that she would turn around and tit for tat do something to negatively impact yours. If she chooses to come, I would prepare for that and make sure someone is keeping a close eye on her.

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Unfortunately you can't uninvite someone once you send invites. But, you can basically tell them "I hope you don't come" and see if they RSVP in accordance. Good luck and I'm sorry you have to deal with this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics