J
Dedicated October 2019

Falling behind in planning

Jacquie, on February 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save
I feel like I am falling behind with planning my destination wedding for October this year. No invitations have been ordered, no catering or food and drink services have been booked, no guest list made, no idea for lighting and entertainment, no tables and chairs rented I am getting nervousness and my FS is not helping much. Is anyone else feeling this way and how are you handling it

4 Comments

• Tris
    Expert August 2019
    Tris ·
    I've been "planning" for two months. Basically going back and forth about guest count and location. I've emailed quite a few vendors too but as it stands all we have is a date and an officiant. We're getting married in August.

I'm FREAKING out about not having a venue. We're getting married outdoors and the weather is too bad right now to see our location. Soooo... my back up plan is to obtain a permit and get married somewhere in the woods or at park if we hate the place we have a hold on. Hopefully we really it. I'm not picky, I am just dying to see it.

Food- the caterer I want to go with has yet to email me a proposal. We've only spoken once.

I'm attending a wedding expo this month. Fingers crossed I can get bunch of stuff handled there.
  • Mariangeli
    Devoted October 2019
    Mariangeli ·
    My wedding is in October and the only things I have locked down are the venue, DJ, guests list, photographer, and rentals! I feel like guest list should be your #1 priority, that way you can base what size venue, budget on catering and alcohol, how many tables and chairs, etc. What helps me is To Do Lists. I have been very overwhelmed, but To Do lists allows me to see one task, and then cross it off when I complete it! So once you discuss the guest list with your FS, then you cross it off your list and move on to the next thing! The Checklist on The Knot is super helpful too. Good Luck!
  • FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

I'd just focus on 1 thing at a time and set deadlines. Like by the end of February, you'll have your caterer booked. By the end of March, you'll order invites, etc. Then you will only work on 1 thing at a time.

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·

Hey Jacquie! I have known some people who planned their entire wedding in under three months, you still have time! I would recommend using our checklist tool to help keep everything organized as well as to help see what you need to get done! I'll link it below for you!

Checklist Tool

Comment on this discussion