Hi community! For October 2021 (or Fall 2021) peeps are you feeling that there will be lighter restrictions? Do you think enough of our population will be vaccinated by then, etc? We are moving forward no matter what (we will adjust to whatever happens), I just wanted to see any Fall 2021 COVID thoughts. Especially any thoughts from my Virginia people lol. Thank you!
We're getting married in November and pray that things get better. We already had to reschedule once and cut down our guests to about 15 so that, regardless of how things look in the fall, everyone feels safe.
I'm getting married in October and my thoughts are same as yours. Whatever happens happens but the wedding will definitely not be pushed back. I'm thinking with the vaccine rolling out things will hopefully get better. I definitely have high hopes for the wedding. I refuse to remain anything but positive!
I'm a summer 2021 bride but I'm getting married in Northern VA! I downsized my wedding guest list to move forward with the wedding, but I'm very optimistic there will be lighter restrictions by fall. A lot of states are loosening their restrictions already (whether that's good or bad is another story) and I don't see why VA wouldn't follow suite by the fall
I’m really hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that things will lighten up. I’m getting married in November and hope I don’t have to push anything back. Worst case scenario I think I would do a courthouse marriage and then have a big party/reception next year when hopefully covid is a thing of the past or at least restrictions aren’t an issue. I have high hopes that the vaccine will change things for the better
I’m doing my reception October 2, 2021 (got married October 2, 2020). I’m planning for about 75 people (indoor reception). As long as we can have 50 we will go forward (which is currently allowed in Maine where we are having the event). My dad got the second dose of the vaccine today and I’m hopeful at least our older guests will be vaccinated by the wedding.
We’re having our wedding on 9/23/21 and I’m cautiously optimistic. Many of the older guests (my parents included) are already vaccinated now, so I’m feeling really good about what that means for almost 8 months from now! Our venue has a cap of 100 guests even without COVID (it’s just a relatively small venue) and I’m anticipating that 70-80 will come, it’s an indoor/outdoor venue (ceremony on an outdoor patio, reception to be held both on the patio and in the adjoining open-air hall, and I’m not planning on needing to cut it any further but even if things take a turn for the worst, we will still hold it with as many as we’re allowed and not postpone.
10.17.21 Georgia bride here! I'm feeling very optimistic and positive that things will look better by the time our wedding rolls around. We're still going to have face masks and hand sanitizers for convenience but I'm praying most of us will be vaccinated and we can enjoy each other properly.
Scheduled for 10/10/21–at this point we’re moving forward with a minimony (because we’re in CA). We’re planning a larger celebration next year or later at this time. Best of luck with your wedding day!
We are 12/04/21 and will be having the wedding regardless of which restrictions we have to follow. I am hoping we can go with our original plan to invite about 130, and just ask people to wear masks and provide hand sanitizer and separate tables by household. But our back up plan is to cancel the full sized wedding and just have immediate family plus our group of mutual friends for a total of 30ish guests. My family is optimistic that everything will be much better, but my hair will literally fall out if I don't have a back up plan ahead of time!
Our wedding is October 16th and we're moving along as normal. I definitely think by then, while masks will still be a thing, I'm hopeful enough people will have gotten the vaccine and feel comfortable being at a wedding. We're inviting around 90 and everything is really outside so I hope everyone feels safe. Even if things aren't better, *knock on wood*, we're still having the wedding and will either just elope or have a microwedding.
I'm October 9th 2021 in PA. We have about 170 on our guest list, predicting probably closer to 140ish will go. This is all as long as we can have that amount at my venue. New Jersey just said weddings can continue with up to 150 people which is promising so hoping PA lifts some restrictions as time goes on. I would like to think that at least half of our guests will be vaccinated by then, ideally 75-80% would be better. But the roll out of vaccines is what worries me. I'm a first responder and have yet to receive any info on when I'll receive my 1st shot. We are still planning our wedding as normal and hoping for the best.
We’re getting married on 9/4/21 at a large outdoor group campground that doesn’t have any real restrictions. We’re hoping all of our guests will have had the opportunity to get the vaccine by then but like everyone else is saying, this is the plan regardless of how things go. We are inviting around 150 guests and won’t cut the list down, we’ll just adjust behavior and table organization based on vaccine availability.