We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Just Said Yes October 2020

Fall 2020 wedding cancellations?

, on May 2, 2020 at 10:26 PM Posted in North Carolina Planning 1 18
Saved Save
Reply
Hey y’all.
Our wedding is currently planned for October 10, 2020 in NC. But with all this COVID-19 madness I’m starting to worry things either won’t be better, or could potentially get worse (God forbid! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻). Have any other fall couples started considering canceling? I truly don’t want to believe things won’t be okay by then but feel we need to consider all our options.

18 Comments

  • Jessica
    Savvy October 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We are date buddies! But we are located in NE. We haven't considered canceling or postponing but we did discuss it. We talked about the worst case scenario and We also came up with the plan B just in case.
    • Reply
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    October 18th and not even the thought of postponing!! I think it will be ok. Most states sadly are opening up(i think its too soon) but it gives us hope for our day
    • Reply
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    November 2020, just rescheduled to November 2021
    • Reply
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag

    So we got married on our original date last week but had postponed the big wedding to September. Up until yesterday, we really had no plans to postpone again...but then we had a phone call with our wedding planner. She is in some group with other planners all over the world and has weekly meetings and discussions with them. She told us that we may be ok to go through with September but we had to be prepared to cut our guest list down A LOT (we have about 350), seat less people at a table, have everyone wear masks.....essentially she was saying we should be prepared to not have the big elaborate wedding we've been planning since January 2019. So we made the decision to postpone again to sometime next year. Thankfully, we are married now so I'm not exactly super stressed about the postponement, but we've spent so much time and my parents have spent so much money that we can't just cancel everything. So we'll have a vow renewal a year later and it will be amazing. We're just waiting to hear back from our planner once she talks with all our vendors to find a date that works for them.

    • Reply
  • Marissa
    Devoted October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married on 10/10/2020 as well and don't plan on canceling. We want to get married on our date even if it means only having 10 people, but would postpone the reception to a year later (maybe). This is our plan B. However, I'm staying hopeful things will be better by the fall and some restrictions will be lifted by then! I'm in CA and things are starting to open up again.
    • Reply
  • Sb
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sb ·
    • Flag
    I was originally a May bride and then postponed to October 2, 2020 due to COVID-19. Recently, my fiancé and I have started discussing postponing again until next year. We have a 250 guest count and we don’t want to have to cut people nor risk anyone’s safety, seeing that it could take a while for things to go back to normal. We also are tired of the stress and anxiety that comes along with playing the waiting game. We have spent a lot of time and money planning our special day and we want do not want COVID-19 concerns to be a factor. We are okay with waiting until next year.
    • Reply
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle Online ·
    • Flag
    We’re 10/10/20 as well and we’re just waiting it out for now. Everything is planned/purchased, vendors are booked and we have our attire (no bridal party). So, thankfully, there’s nothing left to do during these crazy times. But we also have a Plan B and will still get married on 10/10 and execute our celebration plans with guests at a later date.
    • Reply
  • Delia
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Delia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm so excited that some things are starting to open up here in CA. I pray we dont have to postpone. Im getting married on October 9, 2020. So I'm hoping it all works out for us brides. I live in SoCal.
    • Reply
  • Jasmine
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    If you are in NC I think you should wait a while before thinking of postponing. We are getting married in September and our wedding is still going forward. Vendors that were closed are opening back up. I’m going to a wedding near Buffalo NY in October. If they don’t cancel then I think things in NC will be fine.
    • Reply
  • Natalie
    Devoted April 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Not getting married until April next year, just wanted to stop in and say I love your date!!! I believe the last week has been the most progressive to “getting back to normal”, by October you should be happily married!
    • Reply
  • Fleur
    October 2020
    Fleur ·
    • Flag

    Date twin - and rescheduled to 10-02-21 due to #$%! Covid. We are kinda honoring the original date, by using the same digits of 0, 1 & 2. Good luck, it was the most excruciating decision of our life, but glad we did it.

    • Reply
  • Marisa
    VIP May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

    October 3rd here. We have talked a lot about it and will just have to play it by ear. Our Venue is being very flexible so we're going to wait until August to decide whether to reschedule.

    • Reply
  • ElucidBride215
    Savvy May 2021
    ElucidBride215 ·
    • Flag

    @ Hillary - where did your planner hear that masks will be a requirement for wedding guests, even five months from now? Which state are you in?

    I'm thinking of moving from August 1st to October, but if things are going to be that bad still, i don't know what we'll do.

    That's a huge issue.

    • Reply
  • Hillary
    Expert October 2021
    Hillary ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Everything is so uncertain right now. She never said it will be required, but might be. We are in Illinois, Chicagoland area. There is talk of a second wave coming in fall/winter from what I’ve seen in the news so we don’t really want to take a chance. But essentially until there is a vaccine, we will most likely have to be in and out of social distancing measures for a while. Especially with states opening up prematurely. Again though, there’s so much uncertainty so you should do what is right for you. For us, we don’t want to keep saying to our guests, “hopefully we’ll see you in September”.
    • Reply
  • ElucidBride215
    Savvy May 2021
    ElucidBride215 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    If masks are required in the fall, I'm not doing a wedding. That's my breaking point.

    Because I never had much in my life going for me, the thought of not having a big wedding/honeymoon is going to be psychologically damaging to me, I know that. But, I have to move on and live my life. I can't wait in limbo for the event to keep getting cancelled again and again. This really is so incredibly sad.

    • Reply
  • Jenna
    Just Said Yes December 2020
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

    I've only just started planning a December 2020 wedding, but we are going into planning with a backup plan for next year already in place. I think it's worth starting to discuss a Plan B while still holding out hope for your October date!

    • Reply
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

    10/17-We Have No Plans On Postponing Or Canceling Unless We ABSOLUTELY Have To. I Think We'll Be Okay.

    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

    10/10/20 here in Chicagoland! We weren't sure about postponing/cancelling but were checking contingency plans over the last few weeks. The Restore Illinois plan was just introduced this week which seriously forces our hand to postpone. 5-phase plan where the 5th phase isn't possible until a vaccine/effective treatment is readily available. We're in phase 2 right now, Phase 3 allows gatherings of 10 or less, Phase 4 gatherings of 50 or less (we're working with a guest list of 200). We're still getting married on 10/10/20 and will shoot for adjusting to the 10 or 50 person limit, with the big reception liking to be moved a year out.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles