Skip to main content
Taylor
Savvy May 2021

Entertaining Kids

Taylor, on April 5, 2021 at 2:51 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 13
Saved
We do not have many kids coming to the wedding (6in total) and their age ranges vary (3-13), so I am wondering what, if anything, I should have for them to do at the wedding?

I am not sure what all I could provide them to make the day more fun for them or if I should do anything at all since there is so few of them

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ivory, on April 11, 2021 at 7:54 PM
  • H
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    We left it up to the parents. There were only 3 kids at mu wedding and 1 brought a few toys, but they mostly just danced.
  • L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

I don't think you need to do anything. Most kids love dancing and parents may bring small things to keep them occupied as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agree with this

Kids are happy to dance and most easily entertain themselves

• L
    Liz ·
    • Flag

For the younger kids you could do something like coloring books and crayons that would keep them occupied when they get bored. With just six children in total, could you reach out to their parents to ask what the kids are interested in and would enjoy? That way, you’re more likely to hit the mark.

• C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    We had color sheets at the tables with crayons. I do t think anyone colored. We had 4 or 5 kids and they all pretty much entertained each other. They got Into things like the glow sticks and favors (Hershey kisses) but they danced and played. They were fine.
  • Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We had several small children at the wedding. I bought some toys from the drug store for them, but ... the kids had their own, loved to be on the dance floor, or commandeered parents' phones for games/movies.

You can absolutely provide a few trinkets, as a nice thing, but don't spend a ton of money - kids entertain themselves.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    You find need anything. Sadly, kids those ages will be most entertained that evening by a cell phone.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Ooops! ^^^ You *don't need anything...
  • Liz
    Devoted August 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    We're doing grab bags for the few kids we'll have. Dollar store toys and coloring books etc.
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

We had some coloring activity books for children

• J
    Savvy October 2021
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    We're getting married halloween weekend so we were penning on doing some fun trick or treat bags for everyone with some homemade cookies and candies plus color pages and light sticks
  • I
    Dedicated August 2024
    Ivory ·
    • Flag

Younger kids would love coloring! At 13 I would have loved coloring too, but definitely not all teens feel that way, lol. Maybe for the older kids some games to play, like Apples to Apples? I remember kids liking that a lot in middle school

• I
    Dedicated August 2024
    Ivory ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is a really good idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics