We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Cassandra
Dedicated July 2020

Engagement Photos: What to wear??

Cassandra, on July 6, 2019 at 7:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save
We just booked our photographer and will be scheduling our engagement shoot soon. It will be in fall and in the mountains. I have no idea what to wear. I’m curvy so everything I see on Pinterest I’m afraid won’t be super flattering. How did you decide? (I’m probably way overthinking this too!)

8 Comments

Latest activity by Crystal, on August 20, 2019 at 11:29 PM
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I just did dark jeans and I nice blouse.

• Jessica
    Rockstar September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    This is one of the outfits I plan to wear. We’ll be doing photos in the mountains this fall as well, so I’ll also bring jeans, boots, and a nice top to switch out. I’ll probably start in jeans to be honest since we’ll be doing some light hiking. Definitely wear something you’re comfortable in and try not to over think it too much. If you’re not comfortable it’s going to show. And, coming from a fellow curvy girl, embrace your curves! You can always downplay any areas that bother you, but don’t feel like you won’t look good in something just because your body is shaped differently than the model.

Engagement Photos: What to wear?? 1
  • CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag
    I wore jeans, boots, and a cute top!
  • Catalena
    Dedicated November 2019
    Catalena ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is in November but we’re doing our engagement photos later this month!
    I’ll be wearing a mid length red dress with brown wedges! He’ll most likely wear a pair of his khaki golf shorts and white polo. Not sure on his shoes yet! 🙄
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I just wore a plain solid color dress. If you can't decide you can always do outfit changes
  • Stephanie
    Devoted November 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

Curvy here too, I decided to wear a dress that wasn't super fitted. It was comfortable and flattering and inexpensive. I actually got it on amazon and they have it in lots of different colors!

Engagement Photo Outfit Engagement Photos: What to wear?? 2

• Julija
    Savvy September 2019
    Julija ·
    • Flag

Just wear the stuff you feel comfortable in. When I went clothes shopping I didn't even look at the shirts/dresses that looked cute but not my style. And I wanted to look/be myself in the pictures. Turned out perfect! Simple dress to start with. And later on shorts and a blouse.

• Crystal
    Devoted September 2021
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    Same situation here! Curvy girl in the mountains. I’m looking at wearing my jeans and finding a loose flattering sweater and a dress for the change up... love to know what you chose!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles