We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Sierra
Savvy May 2021

Engagement photo outfits???

Sierra, on May 21, 2020 at 2:06 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save

My fiance and I are scheduled for our engagement session in about a month. For our formal outfits, I am wearing a navy gown and he is wearing a white and blue pinstripe shirt with navy slacks. Because he's not wearing a suit, I am of the opinion he should wear a tie so that I don't look too formal and him too casual. However, I don't know if him wearing a navy tie will be overkill. I found a picture of this ensemble online and it looks fine, I just don't know if we'll look too matchy since I'll also be wearing all navy.

Opinions?

12 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag

It doesn't sound like it would be too much to me. Do you have the inspo photo?

• Sierra
    Savvy May 2021
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Not particularly. I just bought my dress and then helped him pick an outfit that I felt complemented it well. I just received the dress and it is quite formal so I think he'll definitely need to wear a tie. I figured he could wear a navy tie with some type of print or design on it to break the navy up a bit, but I'm fearful that the print will clash with the pinstripes. I don't know what I was thinking to be honest haha.

• Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I think the tie is best since you’re wearing a gown
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Have you considered a navy bow tie?

• Sierra
    Savvy May 2021
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know, I need help with colors! Smiley atonished

• Sierra
    Savvy May 2021
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have, and I know they're all the rage, but I do not like bow ties at all and I know my fiance will not go for it haha

• Belle
    Super July 2021
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    There is many different types of ties if he doesn’t like the regular one. Engagement photo outfits??? 1

• Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would do a plain navy tie.
  • Sierra
    Savvy May 2021
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We definitely want to do a regular necktie. The issue is choosing a color that isn't overkill and doesn't clash with the pinstripes on his shirt.

• Natalie
    Devoted November 2020
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Assuming the pinstripes are thin, you could do a tie that is navy and another color in a non-striped type of pattern. Engagement photo outfits??? 2
    Engagement photo outfits??? 3

• Emma
    Devoted October 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    The navy should look fine! Buy it early so if you Change your mind you aren’t rushing around to get a new one
  • Sierra
    Savvy May 2021
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks everyone! We'll probably buy a plain and patterned navy tie and try both.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles