Sarah
Savvy June 2021

End of July/early August - Who is still holding out?

Sarah, on April 29, 2020 at 1:59 PM Posted in Community Conversations 1 22
Saved
Reply
I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been struggling. I’m so frustrated with playing the waiting game. Here’s our info: July 24th Northwest Indiana wedding, 130 guests (max), but probably less. Ceremony outdoors, receptions indoors.


Curious to see who is holding out, and what your states look like?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jessika, on May 5, 2020 at 7:49 AM
  • Rachel
    Savvy August 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    August 4th wedding in rural NC, venue is beach in the mountains so lots of indoor/outdoor options. Roughly 75 people will probably come, and I’m remaining positive that we can still have it! Just hard that everyone is coming from out of state. Venue is supportive as long as state law allows!
    • Reply
  • Laura
    Savvy September 2021
    Laura ·
    • Flag

    Are all of your guests local? My wedding is September 5 in Maryland (near Baltimore) and we have a lot of guests in the NY/CT area so... we're starting to have more serious discussions about potentially postponing. :/

    Not sure about the situation in Indiana though compared to the East Coast - NYC, as I'm sure you know, is being completely devastated. My area (near DC) has been hit pretty hard too. We're on lockdown from late March through end of May at least. Virginia (where a lot of my coworkers live) is on lockdown all the way until June 10.

    Another edit - might also want to consider how many of your guests are at-risk. I myself have asthma, and my mom is diabetic and over 60 for example so it's something I'm taking into consideration.

    • Reply
  • Angela
    Dedicated July 2020
    Angela ·
    • Flag

    Hi Sarah,

    Wedding is July 18th in IL (suburb of Chicago). I watch the daily updates and the projections offer a glimmer of hope. If things stay the course, the middle of May maybe more restrictions will be lifted (fingers crossed). I'm having a smaller wedding, max 75ppl and will have an adjoining terrace for indoor/outdoor spaces. I'm holding out too!!

    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Savvy June 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    All guests local (Indiana and Illinois - Chicagoland Suburbs) with the exception of 2 families flying in.
    As of right now, I think we’re gonna wait to hear what our governor says Friday. Crossing my fingers for the both of us!
    • Reply
  • Laura
    Savvy September 2021
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Fingers crossed for you too!

    • Reply
  • Jessika
    Beginner August 2020
    Jessika ·
    • Flag
    Mine is Aug 7th in NC. As of now I'm holding our but I'm worried that it will need to change. I have 120+ and lots of older guests as well.
    • Reply
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

    Mine is in September, in Wisconsin. I'm not changing my date or making any plans to postpone. Things keep looking better each day. Things are starting to reopen slowly so that is making me feel better.

    • Reply
  • Katharine
    Expert July 2021
    Katharine ·
    • Flag

    We just made the decision to postpone to next year last night (July 18 this year to July 10 or 17 next year). We've been watching the news on our states' (WA & OR) phased re-opening plans and noticed that, as of right now, there is no plan to transition to a phase that allows gatherings over 50 people.

    We decided based on that, it is unlikely that our 80-90 person wedding will be able to go ahead in July, possibly not even later in the year. So, rather than delaying a decision any longer, and possibly making things more difficult for loved ones traveling from out of state, we are start making plans now to postpone the big, formal ceremony and reception and for a plan B(max 30 people)/plan C (max 10 people) for smaller wedding to go ahead with this year.

    • Reply
  • Adrianna
    Dedicated June 2020
    Adrianna ·
    • Flag

    I'm in Los Angeles, and my wedding is June 20th. I decided to postpone for next year after our governor just released his 4 stages to reopen. Weddings are in stage 3 which will take months, and Deborah Brix from the WH task force says we will be social distancing through summer. I refuse to have a fall wedding because June is important to me, so 2021 it is.

    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Savvy June 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I completely understand your passion for a June wedding. June 19 was our original date, then we decided to push it back five weeks. This was about two weeks ago before things continued to get worse. My in-laws are getting married in October and I have friends who are getting married in September so it’s not likely that we could have a fall wedding anyways. If we have to move it again we will have to move it until next year. This whole situation just sucks so badly.
    • Reply
  • Adrianna
    Dedicated June 2020
    Adrianna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    I totally agree, it sucks!! I just got word that my venue wants to charge me an extra $2500 to reschedule for June 20, 2021!! Ugh everything sucks

    • Reply
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag

    My wedding is July 25th and at this point we are proceeding as normal. We did contact the venue to talk Plan B but they were not willing to do that at this point as they felt confident about July (that was about 2 weeks ago). The only thing we can do is wait. We are going to order and send invitations as late as possible to allow for any changes to be incorporated into what we send. Everything was booked months ago and we are left with the small details... so, I am buying those things and proceeding as though a wedding will happen. Although it breaks my heart, I do realize that there is a good chance we will have to postpone. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.

    • Reply
  • Sarah
    Savvy June 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Just a couple questions for you: Since we basically have the same date, when are you looking to make a final decision? I was thinking The week of June 12th, as that is 6 weeks before the wedding. And also, where are you located at in the country? How do things look for you in your area?
    • Reply
  • J
    Expert May 2021
    Jaime ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm in Milwaukee. We have a stay at home order until May 26th and are on a three phase plan for reopening that depends on testing. Phase 3 would be unrestricted gatherings. I believe we are in the downward trend of cases and it didn't spike as high in Milwaukee as predicted, but testing hasn't been ramped up yet. I'm on the same page as you as far as dates to call it off - 6 weeks would make the most sense. We thought we would send invites early June. We haven't ordered them yet but Minted was super fast with our STD's so I figure we could hold off to the last possible minute to order.
    • Reply
  • Caitlin
    Devoted June 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    Our venue is in Chicago suburbs. The venue seems to be supportive and not recommending canceling or postponing our August wedding. We are waiting until June to make a decision since that is when our invites will go out!
    • Reply
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Feeling the same about our August 8th wedding.

    • Reply
  • Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    We’re in the Chicago burbs. I called our venue today to postpone our August 1st wedding and they agreed that was the right decision. We’re postponing to next year, but we’ll still get married on original date
    • Reply
  • Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina ·
    • Flag

    Hi Sarah,

    I just wanted to pop in here to let you know I am thinking about you! I hope you are able to have your wedding and that your big day is so magical and unforgettable.

    Sending so much love your way!

    Smiley heart

    • Reply
  • Samantha
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

    We're in MD, planning for about 115 guests on 7/11. Almost all of our guests are local. We're still planning on moving forward as planned and taking precautions. We're also comfortable with cutting our guest list to about 50 people if need be. In that case, we would stream or take a video of the ceremony for grandparents/high risk folkx who aren't able to come. For us, it's about starting our lives together and the marriage itself, less about the wedding.

    • Reply
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same here. Do you know when you're planning to decide/send invitations?
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics