Kimf
Just Said Yes April 2021

Easter Wedding? Ok or not?

Kimf, on April 7, 2020 at 7:49 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 15
Saved Save
Easter Wedding
Has anyone heard of having a wedding the Saturday of Easter weekend? Would love to hear comments. Seems this might be the only day available for all vendors after the wedding was cancelled this April 25th, moved to Nov then venue had calendar issues so that date is out and now rescheduling to next year April.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on April 10, 2020 at 3:55 PM
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I’ve been a bridesmaid in a wedding on the Saturday before Easter and it was fine. The families weren’t too religious and my family aren’t big holiday people so I had no conflict. But it’s definitely a know your crowd thing. It wouldn’t work for me now because my husband is Jewish and Passover is the same week as Easter usually. But if your family and friends are okay with it I’d say go for it.
  • LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    • Flag
    Ita def a know your crowd thing. I personally wouldnt have a wedding that day.
  • Kimf
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Kimf ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks very much for your reply and input. Appreciate it! 💕
  • A
    Super December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    Really depends. If your family/friends celebrate that day due to their religion they might not make your wedding.
    Also if you have people flying, remember that prices increase exponentially on holiday weekends. And if you live or the wedding is in a big city, remember that there could be a lot of traffic that day.
    Apart from that I’d say it’s fine. I would come to a wedding on Easter Sunday
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

My wedding was supposed to be this Saturday, the day before Easter. Our RSVPs weren't affected at all, no one seemed to have any issues with attending on Saturday. It is a know your crowd thing and I'm not Christian so maybe my crowd is different than yours.

• Kimf
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Kimf ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So sorry to hear about you have to postpone your wedding. Thanks for replying and letting me know your experience. Wish you all the best for your wedding it will be wonderful on the new date.
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I agree that it's a know your crowd thing. If you have any guests who are Jewish and observe Passover, then you would want to reach out to them individually because they will likely need to be provided with different food.

• L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

Also, if your getting married at a church, they may not allow. My venue was scheduled Mother’s Day weekend and we had to end early so they could set up for brunch. Might be an issue for Easter.

• Jyl
    Savvy June 2020
    Jyl ·
    • Flag
    I think it's a great way to celebrate a new beginning!
  • KYLIE
    Expert May 2019
    KYLIE ·
    • Flag
    4/20/19 was our original choice until we realized it was the Saturday before Easter. We had a destination wedding and realized flights were crazy expensive and our guests likely had their own traditions—even the non-religious!
  • Anna
    Super April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

My fh and i were planning on getting married the day before easter, but i told him i dont want to see my family the next day lol. My fh and i are waiting for marriage and to move in together. So after i told him that, he agreed and we moved it the following week lol.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Depends if most of the family and friends being invited are super religious. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, since your wedding is having to be rescheduled due to the virus, I think many of your guests will understand.

• Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

I Think it Would Be Okay.

• Day
    Devoted July 2021
    Day ·
    • Flag
    Depends on your guests. Know your crowd... Are they religious? Do they usually have plans on Easter? Note that some families don’t celebrate Easter but may use the day to get together with family and friends.
  • Kari
    Master June 2021
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Agree with all of the others. Going to a wedding on Easter Sunday wouldn't phase me in the slightest but if you have religious friends or other guests you may want to consider how it would impact them and if they would be willing to attend. I'm also not sure how having an Easter Sunday wedding would impact your choice or cost of vendors. I imagine this would vary regionally, with it being more difficult to appeal to vendors and guests in more religious parts of the country and being practically a non-issue in areas with high agnosticism and atheism.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics