Ana
Devoted September 2019

Drink seat assignment has anyone done it??

Ana, on May 30, 2019 at 9:56 AM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save
I saw this on Pinterest and though it would be cute. Has anyone done it? Do you have photos?

Drink seat assignment has anyone done it?? 1

12 Comments

• Tonia
    Expert October 2019
    Tonia ·

I've never seen that before but it is a unique concept. I saw a couple pics with shots as well.

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·

We wanted to do this but with shots and the shot glasses as the favors but our venue wouldnt allow it.

• Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

Like PP said, that looks neat! I'm sure your guests would like that

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·

We are doing a take a shot and your seat where the glass shot glasses are hanging on a board with their table assignment! I think it's fun!

• Ana
    Devoted September 2019
    Ana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg do you have photos? What type of shot??
  • A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    View Quoted Comment

It'll be like this but instead of copper they're little glasses with handles! And I like "take a shot & your seat" better. I am not sure on the actual shot yet. I was thinking something apple-y or cider type for fall wedding. Still have to decide! It has to be something that will sit well just on ice or might just be a stronger mixed drink taken as a shot.

Drink seat assignment has anyone done it?? 2

• B
    Devoted July 2017
    Becky ·

It's super cute and fun - my concern would be the klutzes among us (and I count myself one of them) spilling/knocking over/etc. glasses that did not belong to them - just a thought though.

• Devin
    Expert October 2019
    Devin ·
    Someone else has mentioned that the drinks are warm after sitting there for a bit.
  • A
    Expert June 2019
    Afterallthistime...Always ·
    I would worry about the drinks getting warm, or bugs landing in them.
  • Laura
    Dedicated June 2019
    Laura ·

We initially wanted to do that but were talked out of it due to the amount that would inevitably get tipped over.

For my shower i did personalized stemless champagne flutes that people grabbed when they walked in and filled with whatever they wanted- they were color coded to show which meal choice and doubled as a favor.

• Bella
    Dedicated May 2020
    Bella ·
    I am doing “take a shot and find your spot”! But mine is also a destination wedding in Mexico and the resort basically encourages it lol.
  • Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·

I like this idea but I know my venue wouldn't allow it. All alcohol has to be served by the licensed bartender we are hiring, so check with your venue first!

Comment on this discussion