Abigail
Savvy September 2021

Dress

Abigail, on April 15, 2021 at 1:46 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved
Hi everyone so when I tried my dress on that I got I fell in love but of course I start seeing other dresses that I love so much more...
I feel like if I were to make it pouffier I would love it more... The first dress which is blush is the dress I bought and the second dress is the one I’m completely in love with, I’m hoping the person who’s doing my alterations can make it sit like this other dress... what do y’all think????

Dress 1Dress 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Dj Tanner, on April 19, 2021 at 8:47 PM
  • M
    Just Said Yes April 2022
    Maria ·
    • Flag
    I’m not a seamstress but have worked in dress shops. I am actually familiar with both dresses. The Harmony dress has more structure in so it’ll always fit a little different than The Geranium dress but you could potentially add volume and some horsehair to the skirt. I would say just make sure you are working with a seamstress who knows what they’re doing because those are the ones who can work some magic!
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    You can get a slip to wear under the dress to add poof. I got mine on Amazon for like $15
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    I personally like the first one better! But I definitely think something can be added underneath to make the bottom set like the second dress. The second dress poofs out starting right above the hips at the waist, and the first dress starts to poof right below the hips, so it definitely won’t look exact, but I think you could definitely get someone to add more proof to the bottom
  • Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Here’s a picture of the dress not on.
    It’s so beautiful maybe what I don’t like is the ribbon...Dress 3

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    Yeah, maybe that’s what it is, but I don’t know, I’m still a big fan of the first one. The second one, no offense, is certainly very beautiful, but seems more cake topper-ish to me. I think they could definitely do something about the ribbon in the front
  • SHY
    Master January 2022
    SHY ·
    • Flag

I tried that first dress on as well and I didn't add a ribbon to it and liked it better! I'd ask your seamstress what they recommend as far as making it have a little more body to the bottom! That was also the one thing that kept me from saying yes to it!

• Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was so excited and so quick to say yes, wish I would have tried more on.
  • Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No offense taken, any opinions matter.
    Just trying to figure out how I can love my dress more without wanting to totally get a different one.
  • Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The bridal boutique where I got the dress recommended the seamstress that’s doing my alterations.
    They said they’ve recommended her to everyone they’ve sold there dresses too.
    Hoping she’s good 🤞🏻
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

You can just get a petticoat or crinoline skirt to wear under your dress to make it pouffier. If you go that route (as opposed to having the seamstress add permanent structure under the dress) you would need to purchase your slip/skirt prior to alterations because it will change the length of the hem required.

• Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wish I would have thought a little more about the having more body.
    Thank you for your input!
  • Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Seamstress suggest petticoat also but I decided with larger hips it’s full enough 😬Dress 4

• Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Decided no ribbon...
    Looks much much better.
    Dress 5Dress 6

• Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Seamstress suggested petticoat and adding the horse hair to the petticoat, decided to leave as is.Dress 7

• Abigail
    Savvy September 2021
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My dress has grown on me🙂
    I think taking off the ribbon was key to loving it💓Dress 8

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment