Rachel
Savvy March 2022

Dress size corsets

Rachel, on July 17, 2021 at 1:13 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 4
Saved
The most amazing dress is a size 12 label size 10 street and I'm a size 16 street. Am I screwed? Money's an issue. But it's the best n I've eyed it for months. Would wearing a corset or shape wear under it help? I'm going to go be measured later today but I really really love it so much Dress size corsets 1

Dress size corsets 2

Dress size corsets 3

Dress size corsets 4

4 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on July 19, 2021 at 11:33 PM
  • Nisha
    Devoted May 2022
    Nisha ·
    • Flag
    That's a big difference. I wouldn't chance it.
  • Liz W
    Savvy November 2021
    Liz W ·
    • Flag

I also wear a size 16 and would not want to chance it on this. If I can't squeeze myself into size 10 jeans, no way I can squeeze myself into a size 10 dress. Even if you managed to squeeze yourself in, you probably wouldn't be able to sit down all day. Only alternative would be to see if a seamstress could take it out and/or add some sort of paneling, but that would probably drastically change the look of the dress.

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Typically a bridal wedding size is TWO sizes bigger than street size. So that bridal 12 is probably more like a size 8. And if it’s used it’s been altered. I’m so bummed for you but don’t risk it. Maybe if only one size difference but still it would be better to find one 1-2 sizes bigger than your size, not smaller.
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated December 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Ugh, I'm sorry I think it's just too much of a difference. You'd need to make so many expensive alterations. Especially with that dress being form fitting. I'm having to workout like crazy right because in between my mini covid wedding and the big one in december I put on just like 10 lbs. My dress, which is also form fitting, will not go over my thighs right now lol. Wedding dresses are just not forgiving unfortunately. You definitely want to be comfortable on your day. Hang in there! You will find your dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics