We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Liz
Devoted June 2021

Dress Shopping

Liz, on July 17, 2019 at 8:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save
I almost want to go just check out dresses for the first time by myself. I want my own opinion to count first. Anyone else go it alone?

11 Comments

Latest activity by earias, on July 17, 2019 at 6:47 PM
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I went to my second appointment alone! I didn't really choose to go alone, but I really wanted to go try on a specific dress one day I was off work. My mom lives in another city and couldn't come up that day, and I was okay with it since I already knew what style I wanted from trying on dresses before. I ended up loving that dress and bought a very similar one from another bride online!

• Chloe
    Devoted October 2020
    Chloe ·
    • Flag
    I unintentionally went to one of my appointments alone, my MOH was stuck in traffic and missed it but honestly I really liked it lol
  • Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I went with my mom for the first time, which actually turned out to be the only time as I found my perfect dress! It was great having my mom there for her opinion, and not having the opinion of SOOO many other people

• Liz
    Devoted June 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would love that but Moms out of town....
  • Liz
    Devoted June 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Did you end up finding a dress that day or come back with others?
  • Chloe
    Devoted October 2020
    Chloe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t find my dress unfortunately 😔
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did mine completely alone
  • B
    Super July 2017
    Becky ·
    • Flag

Maybe your mom could come in for the weekend/part of a week to come with you?

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I went by myself to a few shops before making an appointment to re-try on my favorites at David's. There I had my mom, FMIL and bridesmaids.

• Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Sure did. I really liked it alone. I like shopping alone in general to be honest. But yeah, wedding dress shopping alone was great. Helped keep my head clear. I brought my mom when I actually purchased though.

• earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

For my first wedding I went dress shopping alone and really enjoyed it. I picked my top few dresses and then went back with my bridesmaid to help me choose. This time around I decided to have my dress custom made.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles