We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

A
Dedicated September 2020

Dress regret?!

Amanda, on March 23, 2020 at 2:15 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 28
Saved Save
I found my dream dress that I LOVED in store online at stillwhite for $1,000 less than in store. Bought it. Andddd now it doesn't look good on me... What do I do?! I can't afford another dress, and this was THE dress when I was trying them on. Just not satisfied with it now.Dress regret?! 1

Dress regret?! 2

28 Comments

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    It鈥檚 so pretty! What exactly are you unhappy with?
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The dress itself is gorgeous... I just don't think it looks good on ME.
  • Future Mrs. A. 馃拲
    VIP November 2021
    Future Mrs. A. 馃拲
    • Flag
    Oh no!!! Sorry you are going through this... I think it looks good!!! .. why do you feel unhappy with it on you???
  • Trese
    Dedicated July 2020
    Trese
    • Flag
    I actually think it鈥檚 beautiful on you馃グ馃槏馃グ馃槏
  • Kathryn
    Rockstar August 2020
    Kathryn
    • Flag
    Maybe a seamstress can help you with whatever you want to change? I think it looks amazing on you.
  • Hope
    Dedicated August 2020
    Hope
    • Flag
    Omg I wish you could see you through our eyes because you look amazing! That dress is beautiful on you!
  • Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate
    • Flag

I am so sorry you don't think it looks good on you, however, I think it looks great! Maybe add a belt or try it on with your hair down and make up on.

Is there anything in specific you don't like that stands out?

• Ally
    Dedicated June 2021
    Ally
    • Flag
    I definitely think it looks beautiful on you! I agree with the previous comment. Try it with your hair down and/or add a belt. 鈽猴笍
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I feel like it emphasizes my "spare tire" and just makes me look very broad. I know I'ma be the same size no matter what dress I wear, just feel like this one doesn't flatter my size lol... Maybe it's just nerves though.
  • Jessica
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag

I think it looks beautiful on you! Maybe if you add a veil or some accessories, it will help you fall in love with it again. Best of luck!!

• Jeni
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jeni
    • Flag
    Try wearing your hair similar to how you plan on wearing it. I feel like my dress looks totally different when my hair is styled vs my everyday look.

Also, try getting a belt or a petticoat. Either one can drastically change the look of the dress. I hope that helps you love your dress again!
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. I'm going to see if it can maybe be let out just a little.
  • A
    Dedicated September 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I LOVED it when I was in the store. Maybe just nerves now that I actually have it lol.
  • Alexis
    Beginner November 2020
    Alexis
    • Flag

I think it looks super nice on you. Maybe get it altered a tiny bit and remember don't wear a bra! I did that when I tried on my dress too and I thought it was terrible because it made everything sit wrong and it was a drastic improvement when I took it off!

• Ashley
    Dedicated October 2020
    Ashley
    • Flag

Alterations and accessories can make a huge difference, however if you try all that and still hate it, just post it back on stillwhite and go shopping for a new dress.

• Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020
    Sarah
    • Flag

Find a good seamstress! It won't be cheap, but definitely less expensive than buying a new dress. She (or he) will be able to tailor the dress to fit you perfectly, which might make you fall in love with it again.

Also, try accessorizing! Some sparkly jewelry or a bling-y belt might change the way you see the dress.

• K
    Dedicated February 2021
    Kris
    • Flag

It looks great on you!!!!

• Erin
    Dedicated December 2020
    Erin
    • Flag
    You look stunning in that dress!
  • Alyrae
    Super February 2020
    Alyrae
    • Flag
    U look beautiful...... I agree with others find a seamstress who can make it exactly yours

Comment on this discussion

Related articles