Keary
Expert May 2019

Dress Flying Anxiety - aka holy crap I'm getting married on Friday.

Keary, on May 15, 2019 at 10:29 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 8
Saved Save
I was good all day today - until suddenly. Got to the hotel with all our stuff - hung up my dress and omg the anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks. I gotta lug this thing through TSA tomorrow and then hope they have closet space bc I don't want to fold it into an overhead. I brought my mini steamer just in case.

Also by this time on Friday I'll be a married lady! 馃槺. Dear sweet klonopin please don't let me down!

8 Comments

• Wendy
    Super August 2020
    Wendy
    Congratulations!!!!! Have lots of fun and enjoy!!!! Don鈥檛 forget to eat lol, I hear that happens a lot !! Are you having a DW? Is so where???
  • Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina
    Lol Klonopin to the rescue!!! Lol. Its going to be fabulous. Update us
  • Ingrid
    Super October 2020
    Ingrid
    Congratulations in advance...please let me know how you maneuvered with your dress. I'm taking mine from Ca to Jamaica, and need help with logistics.
  • Keary
    Expert May 2019
    Keary
    View Quoted Comment
    We're eloping to Savannah, GA.
  • Keary
    Expert May 2019
    Keary
    View Quoted Comment
    I will do for sure! Fingers crossed this won't be terrible.
  • Keary
    Expert May 2019
    Keary
    Update - first plane had lots of room in first class closet and they were super happy to hang it up for us. Try to book flights on bigger planes for more closet availability!
  • Kristin
    Super November 2019
    Kristin

My friend flew her dress to Costa Rica last year. We asked if we could store it in the captains closet for the flight but got a HARD NO on that one. She held onto it until everyone had boarded and then laid it across the top of everyone's stuff in the overhead. TBH I cant remember if she had to fold it in half or not but it was a mermaid style with no tule so it laid pretty flat. That might not work so well if your dress if poofy but I'll keep my fingers crossed that being a Thursday flight there's lots of open overhead space so you can snag one for your dress all to itself

• Keary
    Expert May 2019
    Keary
    Second update! 2/2 on closet space! Apparently planes with first class have extra closets so make sure to look at the plane type when choosing flight! We're here safe ! Let the fun begin!

Comment on this discussion