Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Savvy May 2019

Dress finding. Tip or no??

Maybridetribe!, on August 5, 2018 at 8:29 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Hey doing my first try at finding a dress. Have been engaged for two years!! It’s about time I go look around. Question is???? Do I tip the woman helping me fit a dress ?? Or try the dress on? I’m going to DAVIDS BRIDAL

11 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on October 24, 2021 at 11:58 AM
  • ThatGirl
    Super January 2019
    ThatGirl ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I don’t think so... I’ve never heard of tipping at a bridal salon... and if you’re supposed to I really mucked that one up!
  • K
    Devoted September 2018
    kNrYwC ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I have not heard that you are supposed to tip the seamstress. I am going to a local bridal store (where I got my dress) for alterations and I did not tip her after appointment #1.

• Brittney
    Devoted September 2018
    Brittney ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I sure hope not haha. I have never heard of having to tip the consultants.
  • Bailey
    Super March 2019
    Bailey ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I have never heard of tipping the person at the bridal store. I did not tip, but I did specify by name in my review who I worked with and how amazing they were.
  • F
    Expert May 2019
    FutureMrs.S ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I haven't heard of that before. DB also works on commission, so they get a portion of the sales they make which imo would be like tipping any other commission based sales person.
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    No you don’t have to tip them. But just make sure, if you don’t buy something today and you go back another day to buy something (or you order the dress today and pick it up another day) to request the same woman who helped you.

When we went to DB, I tried a bunch on but couldn’t make a decision. A week later I decided which one I wanted. I called up to order it and asked to speak with the woman who helped me while I was there. The woman on the phone was VERY reluctant to give it to her... I found out that is because she wanted the commission! Whoever enters the “purchase” gets the commission for it, which is where the attendants at David’s bridal get the majority of their money.

Definitely make sure to always ask for help from the same attendant. Ours was SO grateful that we ended up insisting on speaking to her over the phone (so she got the commission from the work she had done in person) and was also so happy that we requested to have her help when I tried on my fitted dress so she could see me in it. She said people rarely do that, where they request the same attendant again, and she said it meant so much to her that we did!
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    No tips. The wages cover that. Many bridal consultants get a commission for gowns sold. The markup of dress price over cost to manufacture is on average very high, so shops take care of service and sales incentives.
  • L
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I had no idea about tipping your consultant. When I purchased my dress the card reader gave me the option to tip so I did. I know they get commission but the girl who helped me really did deserve the extra money! She was so kind and made me feel so relaxed, we totally clicked!
  • J
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    No. They are paid a hefty commission by the store. Save your money.
  • Danielle
    Just Said Yes July 2022
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I live in NY, we tip everyone. My consultant was amazing and put up with my indecisiveness so I gave her $50 to show my appreciation.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    No you don’t tip them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics