Alexandra
Just Said Yes December 2019

Dress doubts/advice

Alexandra, on May 28, 2019 at 12:41 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved

Hey everyone! I am waiting for my Kenneth Winston dress to come in the right size and in white. I'm getting married on the beach in Mexico in December, but now I keep seeing all these long and flowy beach dresses that flow in the wind, and other gorgeous dresses with longer trains, and mermaid/fit and flare styles that I really like. I'm not sure if I chose the right one, or if it's too simple/if I chose it too fast. Its not too heavy which is good for the beach. I'm wondering if I should wear a flowy overskirt over it or add a sparkly belt to the front of it? I'm also not sure if these things would go with this dress? Thanks! Smiley smile

The backDress doubts/advice 1

FrontDress doubts/advice 2

FrontDress doubts/advice 3

10 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on July 8, 2019 at 12:22 PM
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    That dress is amazing. Did it scream to you when you saw it? If so that's your dress. I don't think you need to change a thing Smiley smile
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think you need over skirt or a belt, your dress already has a lot of details with lace & beading. I would always choose something light for beach wedding & wouldn’t want a huge train dragging in the sand. Also your train is already pretty long!
  • C
    Devoted June 2019
    C R ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful! I, personally, wouldn't opt for too much of a flowy dress for a beach wedding. Despite the lovely "snapshot in time" pics we tend to see (and they are lovely), the practicality of it is, you're probably not really going to want wind swept clothing the entire time you're out there.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I agree with PPs. Your dress is gorgeous and makes a statement all on its own!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, it’s stunning & has a lot of beautiful details! I wouldn’t change a thing. If you want to add a belt maybe for the reception if inside but I love it without for a beach ceremony. It’s effortlessly beautiful the way it is.
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

I think that dress looks perfect, just the way it is!! So beautiful!! If it felt like the one when you bought it, leave it at that.

It's easy to second guess yourself when you are still looking. The best advice I ever read was that once you find your dress, stop looking at other dresses!!! You'll only start questioning your every decision if you do that. Be confident in the decision you already made. That dress will be stunning in any setting!

• Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

Thank you everyone for your kind words and for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it! I am going to try to be confident in my decision and I'm sure I will feel better getting it in the right size and color with the right hair and makeup in September = )

• Chayla
    Beginner November 2019
    Chayla ·
    • Flag
    I’m a month late but I went through this and I ended up buying a second dress that I’m so in love with and do not regret it! I actually blame Pinterest because one morning I was scrolling and saw this beautiful dress and it gave me severe anxiety! Lol

I say at least put the dress on again just to be sure! There is nothing wrong with going and trying to find another dress or trying more on...except maybe the little dent in your pocket.

Good Luck! ❤️☺️
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Alexandra!! I think you look absolutely beautiful in your dress! As the pps mentioned, you should try not to second guess yourself! You truly look gorgeous!

Did you decide if adding a belt was something that you wanted? Or are you happy with the way it looks? 😁

• Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

@chayla thanks for your response and I'm so glad that you found your dream dress! You're right we will see in September I am already an over thinker lol so maybe it will be end up being the perfect dress for me. And yes the dent in my pocket is the main issue Smiley tongue thanks! Smiley heart

@Sinead aww thank you soo much! I'll definitely see what a belt looks like in the front of the dress come September and see if it goes with the dress : )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics