Dedicated May 0021

Dress Doubts

on September 23, 2019 at 7:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved
Guys! I said yes to my dress yesterday and made a 60 % down payment. I can’t explain how I’m feeling maybe anxious? I didn’t sleep well..I was thinking about it. Questioning my decision if I made the right choice. I’m more nervous than excited! I’m usually an indecisive person. Is this a common feeling? What do I do?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on October 2, 2019 at 6:54 AM
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    Of course it’s normal you’re nervous, you just dropped some serious cash on a purchase. We all sweat a little and want a do over. It’s probably the most expensive dress you’ll ever wear, you just want it to be perfect. It’s hard picking a dress and theres more than one perfect choice out there.
    While the memory is still fresh in your mind, remind yourself why it was THE dress.
  • Dedicated May 0021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    OMG! Thank you so much. I feel so much better.
    I’m going to try not to overthink it. You are right that “there’s more one perfect choice out there.
  • FutureMrsC
    Expert October 2019
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Flag

I loved my dress when I bought it but doubted my decision countless times since then. This weekend I went to pick my dress up from the seamstress and when I tried it on after all the alterations were done I thought wow this is gorgeous, what was I doubting?? It's perfectly normal to get nervous. Wedding dresses are expensive and it holds a lot of meaning. And it doesn't help that you buy a dress that you don't get to see again for months (unless you buy off the rack and get to take it home with you), then you have to get it altered and it's gone again until weeks before your wedding. If you loved it when you bought it, chances are you will still love it when you finally get to wear it!

• Arielle
    Expert August 2020
    Arielle ·
    • Flag

I literally felt like this after leaving the store buying my dress. I kept looking at it when I got home and was freaking out about whether or not I made the right choice. I chose my dress about 2 months ago and I feel much better about it. I cried when I put it on with the veil and I knew it was the one, but like you I was nervous. I don't get to try it on again until it arrives in Feb (Pronovias is out of Spain so 6 months to get here) but I feel a lot better after some time.

• Keyona
    Devoted August 2020
    Keyona ·
    • Flag

My dress is paid off and I am having the same issue. Just focus on why you said yes and then decide on your theme and does this dress fit into that. I think also how will you wear the dress - hair, makeup, jewelry it all goes together those things can also add to the vision.

But i totally get where you coming from just relax or worse case try it on again I'm sure the store wouldn't mind. I agree you drop so much cash on a dress it does gives you some anxiety of did we choose the right one.

• Dedicated May 0021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks a lot for sharing that. I helps to know many bride feel that way sometimes 😂.
  • Dedicated May 0021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Yes, when it all comes together (Makeup, Jewelry and hair) it would look beautiful. I said to myself if it was a bad dress, would I even consider it? No. And like Yam said, there’s more than one perfect dress out there and we chose that one for a reason. I hope you feel great about yours💕
  • Dedicated May 0021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Arielle. After seeing these comments, I’m feeling a lot much better.
  • __
    Dedicated November 2020
    __ ·
    • Flag
    You could find my post on the forum on my anxiety driven freak out about my dress. The dress was over my budget and I didn’t realize it until after I fell in love with it cause I thought my consultant was sticking to my budget. So no, you are definitely not the only one with immediate dress regret haha. And after being on the forum awhile I see that it is sooo common! I’d say most of the time that regret fades and you remember why you loved it (like for me), and sometimes it doesn’t and some brides and up with a completely different dress. But it’s completely normal. What helped me is looking at other dresses and comparing it to mine and every time I preferred my dress and now I’m so excited to make my payments for it to be ordered!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    It's a common feeling Smiley sad I think it's probably because we always feel like maybe there's something else better out there
  • Laura
    VIP November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    Focus on why you said yes.
    Then, and I can’t stress this enough, STOP looking at other dresses. I think the biggest source of dress regret is looking at other dresses and wondering if you could have done better.
  • Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My dress came from italy and was ordered in January (even though I actually paid for it in november of 2018) and it was in by march! They are so quick, the hold up time frame is the customs!

• Michelle
    VIP September 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great advice!!! I had to remind myself!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics