Lisa
Beginner November 2021

Dress color

Lisa, on August 24, 2020 at 12:14 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 20
Saved
Hello, I am new to this group and I am newly engaged. I am 55 and I have nearly all grown children. M question is, would cream be an acceptable color to wear?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandria, on August 26, 2020 at 1:41 PM
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    Welcome & congrats! 馃帀 Yup, totally ok to wear any color wedding dress you wish (unless you鈥檙e having a church or temple wedding and they have restrictions).
  • Lisa
    Beginner November 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am actually getting married at my church. My sister is my paster so she is marrying us.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aw, how sweet. I would think a church would be fine with any shade of white (ivory, cream, etc). Only if you wanted to wear black or red or some other bold color might a church have an issue (but it would also depend on the church I would think).
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana
    • Flag
    You can wear any color you want. There's no rules at all.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Cream color is fine
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag
    I don鈥檛 see a problem with wearing cream at all!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    Sure! Any color works. I鈥檓 early 40鈥檚, it鈥檚 my second marriage and I鈥檓 wearing ivory.
  • Lisa
    Beginner November 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's my second wedding too 馃檪. I want it to be so special. I'm having purple and black too, for colors
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That鈥檚 going to look nice... congrats!!!
  • Rea
    Devoted November 2017
    Rea
    • Flag
    Cream is perfect. My Boaz and I were 66/56 at the time we were planning, widower/widow remarrying I wore a grey/silver wedding dress (with illusion shoulders and arms so I could look sexy...haha but covered), he wore a black tux. The remaining colors were burgundy, black and white and we married at our church. A colored gown is appropriate. Sidebar: I so wanted to wear a dramatic flowing black gown (haha) but I'm sure some of our members would have fainted, so I went grey/silver instead.
  • Rea
    Devoted November 2017
    Rea
    • Flag
    And congrats on y'all's upcoming nuptials 馃グ
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa
    • Flag
    Congratulations on your engagement! I think cream would be a great color to wear.
  • Lisa
    Beginner November 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. I'll bet your wedding was lovely. I would love to see some pictures of you want to share. 鉂わ笍
  • Lisa
    Beginner November 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. It goes with so many colors and it looks like a warm color to me.
  • Nancy
    Beginner February 2021
    Nancy
    • Flag

Cream or any color your heart desires! I'm 45 and am wearing white. It's my day and I want a white dress... You. Do. You!!

Congratulations!

• Lisa
    Beginner November 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! There is so much to to get ready. It's exciting! Congratulations as well too you. 馃尮鈾ワ笍
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag

Congratulations on your engagement. Yes, cream is a completely acceptable color to wear. You should wear whatever you feel most comfortable and beautiful in. Happy planning!

• Lisa
    Beginner November 2021
    Lisa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! It's early in the game, so I'm mainly just thinking out loud. I appreciate the support 鈾ワ笍馃尮
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann
    • Flag

I've been married twice and chose pure white for round two because it's flattering on my skin tone. That was the only factor with my color choiceSmiley smile Congratulations!

• Alexandria
    Expert November 2020
    Alexandria
    • Flag

Congratulations on your engagement! I think cream would be perfectly acceptable even in a church setting Smiley smile Good luck with planning! Smiley ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics