My fiancé and I have already planned a small guest list for our wedding. I’m hoping that is to our advantage in the upcoming year. We have discussed it with our venue, the owner isn’t charging any transfer date fees in the event we can’t host our wedding. We already told our family, we would shorten the guest list and modify our plans for the day before moving our date. Is anyone else come up with a rough Plan B? Is anyone else worried this will continue for the next year or two?
Latest activity by Quintilyn, on August 3, 2020 at 6:45 PM
My sister in law just booked her wedding for May 2021. She doesnt seem to be worried, but in reality the virus will likely be around for a while. Coming up with a Plan B is wise, especially if your wedding is in the first few months of 2021. The last thing you want to be doing is scrambling to change your plans at the very last minute. Good luck, everything will work out for the best
I think your safe in Dec 2021. Either we will have a virus by then or we will have herd immunity. Hope it's the former, but either way, keep your wedding!
There won’t be a cure, it may become a seasonal thing like the flu. I feel if we have a vaccine by that time then restrictions will loosen but there’s no way to know for sure when or if that will happen. But you have over a year so a lot can change, don’t try to stress about it!
It's definitely a good idea to have a backup plan just so you know what your options are in case things get worse, but it sounds like you're already prepared to make changes if you have to. Meaning, you probably won't need to change your date.
I personally think to some degree is will not go away. It will be like the flu or other illness. But I definitely feel like it will not be as cumber / worrisome as it has been this year. Additionally there will be so much more knowledge and help from others that have dealt with it all year long.
I postponed from July 2020 to May 2021 and I do believe that COVID will still be an issue. My hope is that there is enough time between now and then to figure out how to do events safely, hopefully more treatments for people who are sick, and hopefully a vaccine would be available before then. I'm have not made any adjustments to the wedding yet, but I am prepared to scale things back if needed.
I switched to October 2021 from October 2020. I defintely think that Covid will still be around, just hopefully not to the extent that it is right now. Hoping by mid next year we have some kind of cure or vaccine. I will NOT be postponing again after waiting another year so we’ll be getting married with whatever the world looks like then.
We booked April 2021 and are seriously considering postponing. We live in Miami - the current hotspot - and planned to wed in Key West, a popular tourist destination.
Chelsea G ·
I postposed to March 2021 and I do have some anxieties but I just can't keep pushing my wedding back..... I already had a long engagement and covid has made it even longer.
Everything just seems to vary state to state. Midwest states seem to be able to have weddings as normal while us on the east cost cant have dancing or wedding over 15 people!
I am worried. One way or another, I feel like this will still be very relevant next year as well. Which is why we decided to cancel our wedding plans as they were entirely. We already had to postpone and planned on downsizing, I wasn't going to go through that all over again - because we were wanting to get married earlier in the year, rather than later and have already been together for 8 years, I'm not trying to keep dragging our engagement on. We decided to just "elope" on our original date, and once things seem safe, we'll have a beautiful ceremony and smaller reception at the ranch we live on. - I don't think anyone anticipated back in March, that we'd be worse off as the year went on. I definitely thought we'd be in the clear by now, and with no end in sight, it just doesn't seem feasible to postpone to a later date.
No, Vaccine will be their in January probably and then everything will be normal as covid will not be considered as dangerous as it is now. After Vaccine availability it will take some time to get thing to normal.
Even I have my own plans to do, If all goes well i will be married in 2021
Fauci recently said that he's "cautiously optimistic" that there will be a vaccine by the end of 2020, so I'm not overly worried about my May 2021 date. It's good to have a backup plan just in case, but I think the odds are good that we get a vaccine within the next 6 months!
We postponed our wedding from November 2020 to November 2021. At this point, I am not concerned about the new date. If for some reason (GOD FORBID) this mess is still going on a year from now, we are just going ahead with our wedding in one form or another. There’s no way we are postponing again.
It definitely will still be around but hopefully not as bad. It’ll take time for it to be eradicated but the spread can at least be more controlled. The spread could’ve been controlled already but there isn’t enough cooperation. At least not here in Georgia, smh. We postponed from June 2020 to June 2021 and we’re already concerned only because of the response thus far