Brittney
Dedicated June 2017

Do we have enough alcohol??

Brittney, on May 27, 2017 at 10:07 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved

This has probably been the most stressful part of planning for us! We cannot figure out how much liquor to supply. Our wedding is on a Sunday night, about 5 hours long, around 100 guests. Our guests are mainly liquor drinkers but also some beer and wine drinkers but they all drink quite a bit! Here is a list of what we have and wondering if it seems like it would be enough?

1 full keg of beer

8- 1.75L VODKA

4- 1.75L RUM

4- 1.75L WHISKEY

12- 1.5L WINE

16 Comments

Latest activity by Monica, on May 30, 2017 at 12:11 AM
  • Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag

I would google wedding alcohol calculator. It will help

• Brittney
    Dedicated June 2017
    Brittney ·
    • Flag

I did that and they all keep telling me different things so im getting confused! LOL

• Amandaw
    VIP April 2018
    Amandaw ·
    • Flag

The other thing i would suggest is call a bartending service and ask them.

• EngineerInLove
    VIP September 2018
    EngineerInLove ·
    • Flag

You have 165 beers in 1 keg, 40 drinks per 1.75L bottle (640 total) and 6 glasses of wine per 1.5L bottle (72).

You're at about 8-9 drinks per person for 5 hours. I think that will be plenty but you know your crowd best.

• Ali
    Master June 2017
    Ali ·
    • Flag

In doing the math you have enough, but talk to your bartender if you are still having doubts.

• Jacks
    Master November 2054
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

What does your bartender say?

• C
    Devoted April 2018
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Ask the venue how'd they do it. I'm putting down a 500 dollar alcohol limit on beer and wine bar.

• MJ
    VIP April 2017
    MJ ·
    • Flag

I think you have more than enough liquor. I had about the same about of drinkers - 100. Not sure how many beer bottle equivalent come in a keg. We bought 9 cases of 24 packs of beer and were left with 2. Of wine we bought regular size wine bottles- total of 3.5 cases plus 1.5 cases of champagne and returned almost 2 cases of a mixture of wines and champagne bottles.

For liquor we bought 1.75 bottles. 6 vodka, 2 rum, 2 gin, 3 cognac. Lots of mixers.

Were left with 2 bottles of vodka, half a rum bottle and 1.5 bottles of gin.

• Future Mrs.Murdock
    Savvy August 2018
    Future Mrs.Murdock ·
    • Flag

I am also having a Sunday wedding! And am also worried about having enough. It seems like you have plenty!! You also have to remember how many people are actually going to drink that much on a Sunday???

• Mrs Green
    Expert February 2021
    Mrs Green ·
    • Flag

They have a calculator online. That's what I'm using to buy our alcohol.

• Teresa
    Dedicated August 2017
    Teresa ·
    • Flag

I mean, I think you definitely have enough, and even if your crowd typically likes to throw down more than 8-9 drinks in a night, they probably shouldn't, because it's a wedding, not a St Patrick's Day bar crawl. Definitely check with your distributor what their policy is for unopened alcohol. You don't want to get stuck with a bunch of leftover bottles you can't return!

• J
    Devoted December 2019
    Jessica Navarro ·
    • Flag

• J
    Devoted December 2019
    Jessica Navarro ·
    • Flag

• MrsRies&Love
    VIP May 2018
    MrsRies&Love ·
    • Flag

I think you have enough! I would only be concerned about the beer. I've been to plenty of weddings with open bars who went through 3 kegs in a few hours and had to go get more. It depends on if your crowd are beer or liquor drinkers!

• Jameson
    Dedicated June 2017
    Jameson ·
    • Flag

@Christina R. - please don't put a price max on the bar. Not only is it poor hosting but it will confuse your guests.

• Monica
    Devoted May 2017
    Monica ·
    • Flag

I used the Google calculators and ended up with 10 cases of booze left over. I would talk to a vendor or bartender for more accurate numbers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics