Nicole
Dedicated August 2020

Do envelopes & stamps really matter?

Nicole, on November 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved Save
So I got my wedding invitations, they’re formal and plain. I was gonna buy gray envelopes, but they already came with white ones. Do I really need customized stamps and colored envelopes? It’s just a lot of extra spending if I got them.. I wouldn’t put stamps with the flag but maybe the floral ones you can buy at the post office.
Do envelopes & stamps really matter? 1Do envelopes & stamps really matter? 2Do envelopes & stamps really matter? 3Do envelopes & stamps really matter? 4Do envelopes & stamps really matter? 5

14 Comments

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    I ordered ones that said love from the post office website. They were the same price as the flag ones.
  • Jodie
    Savvy April 2020
    Jodie ·
    • Flag
    I can honestly say I’ve never looked at envelope color or stamps. They are immediately going in the trash anyway. Save yourself the time and money!
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    • Flag
    It doesn’t really matter, but you could do the floral stamps or love stamps instead of the flags.
  • Meghan
    VIP October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    We did the bouquet stamp (same price as the flag stamp) so it looked more formal/wedding and white envelopes. When it comes down to it, the envelope and stamp will be tossed right away. Don’t waste your money on custom ones.
  • E
    Dedicated October 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag

We weren't planning on doing special envelopes but we were going to get some fun stamps from the post office since we have to order stamps anyways

• A
    Devoted February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

We did white envelopes and got some nice flower stamps from the post office.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Doesn't matter. The envelope isn't really important. Your actual invites are pretty.
  • Kaysey
    Dedicated February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't splurge on fancy stamps or envelopes. My FH and I are using the envelopes that came with our invitations and I just got the flag stamps from the post office b/c I figure no one is going to save the stamp or envelope anyway.

• Jennifer
    Dedicated April 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I dont think it really matters but I did get compliments on our personalized stamps. I went a little crazy with our design lol
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    I put way more thought into my stamps than necessary and really it's just going to get thrown away. The post office does have cute forever stamps that dont cost extra. I think the custom stamps are a little over the top personally!
  • A
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    So I have this dilemma with just about everything: wondering if these tiny details will matter. One of my maids recently told me (and it’s stuck with me through the whole process) that I will be the only person to notice those details.

So I’m telling you that you will be the only person that notices the color of the envelope and which stamp you use. Save the money and put it towards something more important!
  • Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I have heard that colored envelopes help for your invite to stand out in the mail pile. It is easy for things to get mixed up and end up in the trash when they are plain white envelopes. We chose to do colored envelopes for this reason. The stamp it really doesn’t matter a stamp is a stamp regardless of the type. They all cost the same.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I think it's totally fine to just have normal ones especially if you're in a budget! I personally paid a little more for gold lined envelopes, then got the $0.70 stamps that had flowers on them (I needed them for weight anyway) but it isn't necessary.

• B
    Beginner February 2020
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    I made my own printed envelopes with the envelopes they sent me. Using open office or Microsoft word and a printer. You can also make your own address labels too.

Comment on this discussion