We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Liz
Devoted June 2021

dj Music

Liz, on September 15, 2020 at 2:59 PM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved Save
Has everyone done a playlist for your reception music or have you trusted your DJ to read the room and play appropriately. I’ve done my ceremony and special reception songs but not feeling like I have to make a whole playlist?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Trisha, on September 16, 2020 at 7:48 AM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I'm trusting my DJ to know what to play. In addition to the ceremony/event songs, he asked us for a "must play" list and a "do not play" list, so we'll list a few songs for both of those, but otherwise, we are leaving it completely up to him. He has enough experience with wedding receptions that I trust him to play some good songs to get people out on the dance floor.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I trusted my dj. The only thing I really did was have a do not play list from certain artists I don’t support and since I had children at mine I didn’t want profanity
  • Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag
    I’m trusting my DJ. I’m using the same one my sister used and she told him she wanted music that people would dance to and it was great. The dance floor was full until last call
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

This is a DJ's job. Before we canceled ours, he asked us for preferences on ceremony music along with 10 must-plays and 10 do-not plays (along with any special songs for the first dance and whatnot). The rest would've been up to him and his read of the room.

• Liz
    Dedicated August 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    We selected 100% of the preseating ceremony music with songs that we considered for our first dance but didn't choose for various reasons.

Obviously chose the ceremony processional/recessional stuff

Reception chose the bride/groom entrance song, first dance and other specialty dance songs, the song to start dinner with, cake cutting, first open the floor dance song and last song of the night.

We added 2 must play songs at some point during the reception. Other than that we're leaving it up to the DJ, that's why we pay them the big bucks.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    We’re gonna give him a few must be played songs but other than that I trust him for the reception! If for some I don’t like what’s being played I’ll simply tell him!
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a playlist for both the ceremony and reception. We feel confident in our decision
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    We Created Our Playlist. We Dont Know Our DJ Personally And Want To Make Sure Our Favorite Genre Is Played.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles