Skip to main content
Jackie
Savvy December 2019

diy Wedding Video (post Wedding, compilation of photos and videos)

Jackie, on April 29, 2020 at 2:33 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 3
Saved

Hello everyone! We got married in December of 2019. And I have been wanting to make a video of all of our photos, photos family and friends took and video clips people took at the wedding! I have no idea where to begin and was hoping some of you might have some suggestions as to programs or apps you used to maybe do the same thing!!

Thanks in advance Smiley smile If you have any that you wanted to share, I'd love to see them.

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kari, on May 1, 2020 at 11:28 AM
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I used to edit films/trailers and such. The program I used is called Adobe Premiere and you could add different transitions between photos/video clips. If you want to add any kind of motion to your photos or different effects onto your photos/video clips, you can also use Adobe After Effects.

Good Luck!

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I always just use iMovie! This is a super fun idea. I actually edited our full wedding video myself (we had a videographer who did a fantastic job filming, but whoever they had edit it did a horrible job so I asked for the raw footage and did it myself 😂) and my husband and I also made a “video diary” of our wedding weekend so I edited that as well.
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

If you have any Apple product (Mac computer, iPad or iPhone), I'd recommend iMovie. It's really easy to use and a fairly inexpensive program (about $15). Final Cut Pro is a Mac only alternative that is several steps above iMovie and offers more advanced editing features. It is a one time purchase of about $300.

Adobe Premiere is great as well but it's an advanced editing program with quite a bit of a learning curve and is pretty expensive. It can be used on a Mac or PC and is paid for via a subscription model through Adobe Creative Cloud. Depending on what subscription you pay for and any discounts you get the price is usually around $20-$50 a month last I checked.

Both Final Cut and Premiere are advanced editors and require fairly powerful computers to run, so if you primarily do word processing and email on an inexpensive laptop, that might not cut it. If you have a computer you regularly use for gaming, photo editing, CAD work, or other more intensive demands then your computer is more likely to have the minimum system requirements to run those programs efficiently. These programs will allow you to make color adjustments to your raw footage, add many transition and editing effects, and export high resolution video.

I've played around with all of the editors and for someone just wanting to do some quick edits and not looking to invest a ton of time or money into using professional software, I'd recommend iMovie wholeheartedly. It's a great value and fairly intuitive, and the mobile version works great on my iPhone. If you are mostly using video from smartphones and such, this is definitely the way to go as you would not really gain much benefit from using a more powerful editor. The only downside to iMovie is that it is an Apple only product, so if you only have Windows and Android based PCs and tablets/phones, you are out of luck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics