We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Amanda
Dedicated January 2021

diy Sola Flower Bouquets

Amanda, on July 16, 2020 at 8:40 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 23
Saved Save
I’m on a roll with my DIY guys! I’ve never worked with flowers before, let alone bouquets so I hope they look as good as I think they do! Keep in mind that I wanted small bouquets, even for myself. My dress has a lot of glitter, sparkle, color, etc that I don’t want to take away from it with a huge bouquet. I matched them with the lanterns i made for the centerpieces that i have in a different post. My pictures are not fantastic either 😂
The ivory ones are for the bridesmaids, they are wearing blush dresses. And the handles are navy which is my other color. The blush and ivory one is mine! I tried to add a little extra in mine as well. Let me know what you all think 🙂diy Sola Flower Bouquets 1
diy Sola Flower Bouquets 2
diy Sola Flower Bouquets 3
diy Sola Flower Bouquets 4
diy Sola Flower Bouquets 5

23 Comments

• Jessica
    Devoted July 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Your DIY looks pro to me!!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

Wow Amanda - these bouquets look so pretty! 💐 You did an incredible job!

What kind of flowers did you use? They look so realistic!

• Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    So pretty! You did a really awesome job! I'm using sola wood flowers for all our flowers in our wedding as well! Smiley smile
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    You did a great job! I like that they’re more simple in style and not overpowering. Every time I see Sola wood flowers, they look much better than fake fabric flowers and seem like the better alternative to flowers. I also like that (technically) they’re still a “real” material. Did you dye the ivory ones or is that the natural color they come in?
  • Brittany
    Expert October 2020
    Brittany Online ·
    • Flag

These look great!!! Great job!! These will go perfectly with your dress and the other bridesmaid's dresses!!

• Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh gosh! Thank you! It was my first attempt and let's just say my FH had to sit through many trials of "How does this look?" "Does it look real?" "Are you lying that they look good?!" Smiley xd poor guy lol

• Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!! I used Sola Wood Flowers! They are amazing to work with and so much fun if you like crafting. I was impressed with how real they look as well!

• Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You'll love them! I was torn between them and Ling's moment flower that are foam. Both are beautiful but the Sola ones definitely look more real to me. And you can dye them any color you want to match perfectly!

• Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I love them! I've gotten most of mine all done just need to put everything together!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I didn't know if I went too simple with them or if they need more. Sola wood flowers are AMAZING. They are a tad crunchy if you dye them but I put Glycerin in the dye and you can literally smash them in your hand without them breaking. I did dye the ivory ones! Only because they were a little too dark compared to the colors on my dress.

• Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!

• Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Did you dye them?? I'd love to see pictures of them!

• Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    diy Sola Flower Bouquets 6
    These aren't as orange as they look just horrible lighting 😂

diy Sola Flower Bouquets 7

diy Sola Flower Bouquets 8
    And here are the bouquets. We had a little help with them 😂
    diy Sola Flower Bouquets 9

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow! That’s interesting about adding glycerin. You did a nice job and they’re going to look great on your wedding day.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    These bouquets came out so well
  • Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Smiley surprise those are gorgeous!! I love the colors, the small flowers, and the greenery flowing out of the bouquets. Do you remember what the tiny ones are? I was trying to find small ones to put in my centerpieces but didn't find much.

• Amanda
    Dedicated January 2021
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Smiley heart Smiley smile

• Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The peachy/orange flowers or the fillers in the milk can?
  • Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The peach ones are the snowball blossoms and the really small ones are the preserved star filler. I have dried baby's breath as well in the bouquets. I know the snowball blossoms come already put together just have to dye them and they did have more like that with different flowers
  • Breanna
    Devoted September 2020
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh and I used solawoodflowers.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles