Sara
Expert June 2020

diy Save the Date

Sara, on August 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 18
Saved Save

possible STDdiy Save the Date 1

Not sure if I am going to go StD's or not, but I was playing around in Word today and came up with these. They still need a bit of work, but they would be the size of a concert ticket. FH and I LOVE concerts and music so I think it's a really cute idea. I also just got a cricut machine so I can't wait to go home and see what I can come up with using that. I feel like I can make these a little more detailed, but it was just a first draft and I'm excited to show them off.

18 Comments

• Jess
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    Looks good! I also have the cricut and creating my own, I am using vellum as the paper.
    i can attach a photo of my rough draft so you can have an idea of it . For the save the date wording I used gold vinyl and the details of the day in black pen that came with the cricut.. I’m on my phone now so I can’t attach the pic but I will later this afternoonSmiley smile
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think that's seriously such a cute idea
  • Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    I like them! Very unique
  • Sara
    Expert June 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am afraid I'm going to be overwhelmed by the cricut. But last night I waited until FH was home to open the box and I was squealing around the house I was so excited. He was just laughing at me shaking his head and asking where it was going to go. Ummm the dining room table so I can work on things and still watch TV with you!!

I would love you see your pics and tips. Did you make the custom envelopes for them? I'm going to try those out also.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Cute, I love it! I would for sure send them, I'm always so happy when we have more heads up when couples send save the dates.

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I love your Save the Dates! Can't wait to see the finished product!

• Nikkeisha
    Devoted February 2020
    Nikkeisha ·
    • Flag

Very creative. It looks great

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Those are so cool, love 'em!

• Jess
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

the rough draft lol I need to center everything more and I might take out the fairytale wedding part.. but I started out practicing on a regular sheet of paper and once I saw it on that I moved forward with the vellum and gold vinyl.. I'm still trying to get to figure out how small I want it. I'm stuffing them in regular envelopes lol. but don't feel discouraged if it doesn't come out on the first try that happened to me just practice for on a blank sheet of paper like I did and then once you see the vision move forward with the materials you want to use. diy Save the Date 2

• Tris
    Expert August 2019
    Tris ·
    • Flag
    I love them Sara!

I do have a critique since you're just starting your planning. I would suggest sticking to one font, two at the most on your next draft. They will be so great if you simplify the font and letter sizing. Carry that same font along to your invites and any wedding signage. I would also leave off the part about refunds and exchanges since it's a pre-invite to an event where others will most likely gift you something. The rain or shine part is adorable!

I really love these they are so unique and fun. What a great idea. You're gonna execute it perfectly! Come back and share how it turns out with the cricut.
  • Alyssa
    Devoted October 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    These are so cute. I love them.
  • A
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Airerona ·
    • Flag
    Love then we made our wedding knvities with our cricut
  • Shay
    Expert February 2020
    Shay ·
    • Flag
    Those STD are nice .
  • Rebeca
    Savvy October 2020
    Rebeca ·
    • Flag
    That’s really cute! Where in Berkeley heights are you getting married?
  • Sara
    Expert June 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's called Masker's barn. It's part of the deserted village in the watchung reservation. It's actually a union County park/nature reserve. We are still waiting for our special event application to be approved for that date, but fingers crossed! I couldn't help myself and had to do a little mock up.
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I love these! They're so unique! I love getting Save the Dates so I can plan ahead of time for a wedding so I think you should definitely send them!

• Rebeca
    Savvy October 2020
    Rebeca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooh that sounds beautiful! Fingers crossed that your date gets approved 😊
  • Sara
    Expert June 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag

SAVE THE DATE TAKE 2diy Save the Date 3

Been doing a little work on my save the dates... this is take 2...

Comment on this discussion