We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Leanne
Expert September 2020

diy Bouquets

Leanne, on July 13, 2020 at 8:43 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 10
Saved Save
diy Bouquets 1

diy Bouquets 2
I originally made my bouquet for my bridal portraits session, and loved it so much I think I’m using it for the actual wedding. I made my sisters bouquets several months later.

What are y’all’s thoughts on silk? I hate the thought of a real bouquet dying after the wedding, but wonder if it’s tacky to use silk. Anyone else feel this way?

10 Comments

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    They are very pretty! I will be using artificial flowers at my wedding because I too have the same thought: I don’t want to pay soo much money for something that will dies after.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta Online ·
    • Flag
    Personally, I prefer real flowers. However, your bouquets are absolutely beautiful- you did a great job on them!! I don’t think you will be able to tell they are fake in photos. I would definitely use them!
  • Michelle
    Devoted May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

I generally prefer real flowers, but I have to say, great job! Your silk flowers look great! They look high quality too! I don’t think fake flowers are tacky, I just thing if they are low quality they are. Yours look really really good. 💕

• Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Hey there!
    Nice job. My whole wedding was silk, and I wouldn't change a thing. Since I did the flowers myself, it was so much easier and I had time to work on them.

I'm breaking down some of the pew clips and converting them to wreaths to be used as Thank you gifts.
    They have come a long way in making silks realistic and life like. As a floral designer, I always assumed I'd have fresh flowers since I work with them as well, but I'm so happy I went with silk. I personally don't see silk as tacky at all...just durable and long lasting. Smiley smile
    I say go for silk flowersSmiley smile
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    Great job! They both look wonderful. Silk is a very popular choice these days. No one will give it a second thought.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think you did a great job with these, they look good

• Molly
    Dedicated October 2021
    Molly ·
    • Flag

These are beautiful! To be honest, I didn't realize they were silk until I read that they were Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Dedicated June 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

I think I would use fake flowers if I could get away with it. Since I'm getting married in a botanical garden, I worry they'd stick out like a sore thumb, haha!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Are these bouquets silk? I think they look awesome, and not tacky at all!

They'll also be easier to hold and pose with on your wedding day, because you won't have to worry about wet stems leaving splotches on your dress, pollen stains, or crushing the flowers when you put your bouquet down for a few minutes! 💐

• Christina
    Savvy June 2021
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    I love your bouquets 💐 beautiful all the way 😉

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles