Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Futuremrs
Devoted July 2019

Disappointed in Rsvps

Futuremrs, on July 30, 2019 at 7:17 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 6

I'm feeling pretty glum right now. We're doing the follow ups since our RSVP deadline has passed and our parties are going to be much smaller than I thought that they would be. The party for my husband's family has 65 yes, 82 no, and 31 outstanding. Of those 31, I'm sure at least 11 are no. Probably more. The party for my family has 10 yes, 43 no, and 14 outstanding. My DH wants to cancel the party for my family, since we have to drive 6.5 hours to get there and have a hotel for 2 nights. I told him we can't do that. If we did, we're telling the ones who are coming that they aren't as important as the ones who won't be there. (Actually, I think he'd be just as happy to cancel them both, but we have paid for the venue for his family in full and the venue for my family is free.)

I am disappointed. I realize that people have lives that don't revolve around our wedding celebrations. And I know we will have fun with the people who will be there. Plus, it means we can spend more time with those who are there. And hey, less money for food and alcohol. I know it will be a good time no matter what.

No question. Just needed to let it out.

6 Comments

Latest activity by MrsD, on July 31, 2019 at 4:58 PM
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Aw but you're so right - you'll have such a good time with the ones that are there Smiley smile
  • B
    Savvy August 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    As long as you have a great time, thats all that matters!
  • A
    Savvy June 2019
    Alex ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    This happened to us too! It’s really disappointing. I’m sorry that many of your family members can’t make it. Try not to let it weigh you down too much (which is certainly easier said than done).
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

This would disappoint me too, but way to go for having a positive mindset! Focus on the ones who can make it and celebrate with you!

• Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

It definitely sucks when so many people can't make it. We only have like max 75 people in our lives that we would want to invite to our wedding, and that already feels small I'd definitely feel down if over half couldn't make it. I'm hoping our date is late enough after my cousin's wedding (in Cancun >.>Smiley winking in January that people can afford the trip out to Colorado for my wedding. The bulk of my family lives on the east coast, so it can get pricey.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

We invited 225 and our final count was 125, we had one no show. So a pretty big no percentage! We just had our wedding, and I'm so happy it ended up smaller. We literally didn't have time to even talk to everyone and it was a beautiful time. Plus we got to have a full open bar vs. just beer & wine, and spend more on flowers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics