Skip to main content
V
Beginner August 2020

Difficult Fiance

Vanessa, on January 27, 2020 at 7:51 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 4
Saved
Originally we were each going to have 5 people on each side, but one of my bridesmaids is pregnant and won't be able to fly in for the wedding. Another decided she would rather be a guest. My fiance insists that we have to have the same number of people. He has OCD and can't stand the thought of an uneven bridal party. My suggestion was to have his female best friend who is supposed to be a groomswoman be a bridesmaid instead. That would make us even and we wouldn't be adding people just for the heck of it. He says no. He wants me to ask his two sisters. The one is amazing and we get along great. The other is the complete opposite and makes everything all about her. I think she would only cause drama. Any advice?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lex, on January 27, 2020 at 10:32 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Tell him uneven sides are fine and he’ll get over it. There are tons of posts here from brides who regret asking random friends or family members to be in their bridal party just to even out the sides. It leads to tons of drama.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Tell him he needs to let that go as the purpose of having bridal parties is to have people close to you stand by your side. Plus asking them this late would seem like a back up plan and they would now have to spend money they probably did not intend to. There are uneven sides often and no one cares. 1 bm can walk with two groomsmen.

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Agreed. Uneven sides is super common these days. I think you should tell him that you have already chosen the people you would like to stand with you, and if uneven sides is that big a deal to him he will need to either let the female friend stand on your side, or he will need to cut 2 members of his wedding party. If he’s not willing to do either of those options, then even sides is not really THAT big of a deal.
  • Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    My husband was the same way but he got over it for the wedding lol. We had 4 groomsmen and 3 bridesmaids and it turned out a-okay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics