Felicia
Just Said Yes March 2021

Destination wedding venues?

Felicia, on January 4, 2020 at 10:53 PM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved

My fiance and I have been thinking we may want to have a destination wedding instead of a traditional wedding, especially considering if we were to a traditional wedding our guest list is well over 300 people and we want to have a more intimate/fun ceremony with the people closest to us, but we are having a hard time figuring out exactly where we want to have our destination wedding. Any recommendations for us as to where we should tie the knot? We are open to anything!!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Abigail, on September 23, 2020 at 9:51 AM
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    We got married in Clearwater Beach, FL and had such a great time. The beaches are pretty and the sunsets are amazing. We had our closest friends and family around all weekend and it was so much fun.
  • A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Ours is going to be in Kauai, Hawaii. We’ve decided to only have immediate family, it will be a great time spending time with those important to us!
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Truthfully regardless of where you may still have a lot of guests. Your guest list has nothing to do with location. If you want a smaller guest list go for it because 300 can be expensive. If you still want destination Florida where I am from is popular but look at venues you can rent for the day and do outside catering. Country clubs are also a good idea.
  • Felicia
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!!

• Felicia
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am sure it is going to be beautiful! Only having immediate family is such a good idea, makes for less stress of who to invite if you start with your extended family. Thank you!

• Felicia
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Felicia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, we are definitely going for a smaller guest list with a destination wedding. We want something smaller and much more intimate, with the people who are most important/closest to us. Thank you for the tips (:

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    How many guests are you planning for? Can they afford the hotel costs, taking time off work, and maybe even a flight? Anything within a few hour drive from you? That might work too.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    We're getting married in Jamaica at Sandals SouthCoast. We're staying 7 days so our honeymoon is included. We invited immediate family and close friends. We're getting married in October.
  • K
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    KAYLA ·
    • Flag

Good luck!

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a great idea and that's how it should be. Check all incisive resorts as some have good pgks for weddings as do some hotels
  • Izzykern
    Super April 2021
    Izzykern ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a destination wedding for the same reasons. Depending on budget and preference, Hawaii and key west are beautiful. We are getting married on the North Carolina coast because the weather is pretty consistent (aside from hurricane season lol) and my future in laws live nearby so it was the perfect excuse! Just note that inviting less people and making it a destination won’t necessarily bring the costs down significantly
  • Jennifer
    Super March 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We ended up in Sedona,Arizona. I also found some beautiful places in California near lake Tahoe. Jackson Hole,Wyoming is also gorgeous. We are big outdoorsy people so we needed nature!
  • Abigail
    Savvy February 2020
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    We had the same idea in mind when we decided to go for a destination wedding (our guest list was about 300+) and wanted something smaller (ended up with 160). And we decided to do Cancún, Mexico. We are doing it at a resort called Banyan Tree Mayakoba. I think the main issue, as usual, is budget. So before you fall in love with any venues, decide what your budget is and go from there.
  • A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s great cause you have a great excuse to others that it’s only for family! The budget goes down significantly too with this option!
  • Jennifer
    Just Said Yes June 2022
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing an intimate destination wedding with just immediate family in Lake Como, Italy. While we are inviting significantly fewer people, we aren’t saving as much as I thought we would. The area is very expensive, most vendors charge more than they would in the US, and the currency exchange rate is not in our favor. Nevertheless, I’m thrilled about our venue and have no regrets
  • C
    Just Said Yes October 2018
    Christal ·
    • Flag

We had our destination wedding in Antigua and Barbuda on the beach at Galley Bay Resort. It was perfect! The weather was absolutely perfect, especially since we started at 4 pm (still bright, not too hot and before the sun was setting). Our wedding decorator and wedding photographer did a phenomenal job!

• Abigail
    Savvy February 2020
    Abigail ·
    • Flag
    Hi! Having a destination wedding was the best decision ever! We had ours in a resort called Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Cancun, Mexico.
    It was perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics