Angel
Savvy August 2020

Decisions

Angel, on December 1, 2019 at 10:48 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save
Hello ladies soul look wedding if I want to have a destination wedding in Las Vegas or one in Cleveland where I reside the price is about the same either way but it's like I just would love to take my closest friends to Vegas and get married there but I know only a couple people can afford to go there and if I do it at home I can at least invite everybody that I want this is super confusing of course in Vegas I only get it to our reception with the package but if I do it back at home I get a 5-hour reception

6 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I’m not a big fan of destination weddings unless you’re eloping. I don’t think it’s fair to put pressure on your loved ones to take time off, travel, spend money, etc. to attend your wedding.
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I had a destination wedding and I loved it. It was in Mexico so I got to spend all weekend long with all of our closest friends and family and I got a full reception. In Vegas there’s always option for after party if you choose the small packages. That being said it is true not everyone is going to be able to afford it and that’s always sad. The people I most wanted there were there and I’ll be forever grateful. I worked hard to get the best deals for everyone and gave them over a year notice to prepare and safe. Still circumstances happened in that time that didn’t allowed everyone to be there. Our destination wedding was fun, a entire weekend event, intimate time with all of our guest but we sure missed a few important people.
  • B
    Dedicated March 2020
    Brina328 ·
    • Flag
    We wanted to get married in Vegas as well but, we’re concerned about the affordability. So, we decided on Cleveland so that everyone that wanted to be there could be.’ BTW we can’t wait to get back to Vegas! The Bellagio fountains are calling me. LOL
  • Angel
    Savvy August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's how I was thinking too especially if it's going to be the same price only a few hundred dollar difference but one of my bridesmaids will actually she's my matron of honor she really thinks it will be cool to do destination wedding that way they can take a vacation to me LOL
  • Angel
    Savvy August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I totally agree especially since it is the same price that's why I just want to stay in my own hometown it was still having a honeymoon so I guess we will still have a vacation I've only been Fitness one time and I loved it but I can always just go there and take the girls there since they want to go visit
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    We had a DW (in our same state) but ended up cutting it from 40 guests to 15 due to cost for us and our guests. We hosted a local reception for 50 guests a few months later. Is that an option?

I have mixed feelings on DWs. I’ve gone to a few and declined a few due to cost. Unless a sibling or BFF, and reasonable travel costs (preferably flight not required), I would skip. I feel if a smaller wedding and affordable for most guests then it could be fantastic for everyone.

Comment on this discussion