Liz
Dedicated September 2019

Decal or no decal on wine tumbler

Liz, on August 16, 2019 at 5:03 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 1 11
Saved

I bought wine tumblers for my bridesmaids on amazon and I was debating whether I should give it to them as is or with decals with their names on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QKQ3Y6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the tumblers in rose gold

And I bought white vinyl decals with their names as well

https://www.etsy.com/listing/666731518/custom-wine-glass-decals-personalized?ref=yr_purchases

Has anyone used decals to put on wine tumblers and how did they last overtime?

I'm debating whether to put the vinyl decals on the cups or not because I am afraid over time they will fade off and look bad.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Judith, on August 17, 2019 at 1:53 AM
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I got my girls names laser engraved on their tumblers because my own experience with the vinyl the decal will slowly come off each time it is washed
  • Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh that's interesting. Yeah I had a feeling the vinyl would come off. Just doesn't help I already HAVE it, I just haven't adhered it to the wine tumbler. Would it be weird to give the decals to them on the side so they can use it for whatever they want instead? lol!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Decal would be nice but I do think over time it'll come off.
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I got their name in vinyl to go on top of their bridesmaid boxes for their "day of gift" so if that is something you are doing you could use it then. If not having them on the cups will be perfectly fine they just have to be careful when washing them and be sure not to put them in the dishwasher.

Decal or no decal on wine tumbler 1
  • Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same here. I saw pictures of it and it looked lovely, but just doesn't seem practical. My initial idea was to take pictures with the bridesmaid with wine tumblers and it would give it some extra design with their names on it. But I don't want to do that just for a photo but then when they use it at home itll wear off over time and look horrible. Plus I'm assuming its not something that is easy to remove if they wanted to get rid of it.

• Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh that looks great. I actually will be having a box for a picture with frame that I am giving them. The box is cardboard color and the vinyl I got them is white. Hopefully it'll look okay Smiley laugh

• Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm sure it will look fine! 😁
  • Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    Unless you seal the vinyl stickers and cup in epoxy, it won’t last too long. However, the sticker won’t hurt the cup, so even if it washes off over time, the cup will look the same as it does now without it. If that makes sense. 😆 I make the epoxy sealed Tumblers and I’ve also made wine glasses with decals but without epoxy for my friends bridal shower favors.
  • Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    As far as removing it once it looks disheveled, alcohol should do the trick to remove the sticky residue.
  • Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that's good to know! Thanks Smiley smile
  • J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    I will not use anything, or serve anyone else anything, with anything with my name or bride stuff, at home. When the wedding is over, that you should it for label stuff. For most people I know, personalizing stuff dooms it to the trash bin immediately. If it is nice enough to want to use it after the wedding , do not label it .

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics