Skip to main content
Traci
Expert November 2017

David's Bridal bridesmaid dress alterations

Traci, on July 20, 2017 at 5:54 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved

Bridesmaid dress alterations at David's Bridal. Did you or your bridesmaids use them for alterations and would you recommend them or not? Also - about how much do bridesmaid alterations cost at davids bridal? I understand that it varies from dress to dress and also by how much needs altered but still curious about an average. Does David's typically charge more than local places in your experiences? Pics below for reference.

6 Comments

Latest activity by ambrok, on July 20, 2017 at 7:13 AM
  • Traci
    Expert November 2017
    Traci ·
    • Flag

Pic 2 - since these dresses were discontinued, two girls needed to get this dress instead because of limited sizes/colors being available in the sleeveless style. Hoping to get the sleeve taken off. Has anyone removed a sleeve? It seems easy enough but curious if it costs a lot.

• Ellsy62
    Master October 2017
    Ellsy62 ·
    • Flag

I heard that they are more expensive then local mom and pop shops. I cant say how much cause i havent gone yet, im not sure if I am or not.

• Christinanyc
    Master December 2016
    Christinanyc ·
    • Flag

I bought my dress at DB and also had them do the alterations. Personally, I don't recommend their alterations dept. because it was so expensive to just shorten the hem and take the sides in. I bought my dress for $600 but paid almost $400 for alterations. In addition, I wasn't 100% satisfied with the end result. My dress is supposed to show off my curves and the alteration left a lot of space at the lower back. I would suggest finding an experienced seamstress who can do it for less.

• FME
    Master March 2018
    FME ·
    • Flag

One of my BM's needs to just have her dress hemmed a little bit, they quoted $60, local seamstress quoted $20. The general consensus is to try a local seamstress, they may have better prices.

• MTMA9917
    VIP September 2017
    MTMA9917 ·
    • Flag

My dress alterations there were ridiculous. I got my dress hemmed, added a bustle. Tighten two straps, and it was well over $350.

• ambrok
    Master October 2017
    ambrok ·
    • Flag

I found DB to be more expensive n they won't do certain things (adding cap sleeves was fine but they wont remove a train, etc). I found a great seamstress n shared her info with my BP.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics