Nique
Devoted July 2019

David's bridal alterations

Nique, on June 8, 2019 at 9:09 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 43
Saved Save
So just got my dress altered at David's bridal and oh my lord .I could have bought another dress for that price 馃樁

43 Comments

• Kristina
    Dedicated July 2019
    Kristina
    • Flag
    Girl, I feel you. I just spent 340 dollars on alterations. Although my dress was only 500.... but still! She is putting a lot of work into it. But girl alterations are ridiculous!!!
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Mine was 740 and the dress its self was 12馃槖
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz
    • Flag

I feel your pain! I'm shelling out $150 just to get a few inches hemmed from the bottom!

• Ginger
    Dedicated June 2019
    Ginger
    • Flag
    Mine were $600. I feel you AND I bought a second dress because I just felt the first wasn't "the one" so I have one dress I still have to try and sell. It's expensive to get married!Smiley winking

• Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Dang I feel ur pain
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Charged me 260 for the hemming of a inch
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh my goodness, that's insane (not in a good way!)

• Ashley
    Dedicated February 2020
    Ashley
    • Flag
    My alterations are $600-800. Trust me, I feel your pain.
  • Andrea
    Super October 2019
    Andrea
    • Flag
    This makes me nervous! I鈥檓 waiting for my dress to come in at David's Bridal and was planning to have alterations done there. Might have to go somewhere else!
  • Brandi
    Dedicated October 2019
    Brandi
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Me too! I was hoping to have sleeves added...but I might just have to get over it 馃が
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn't want to hand my card over.
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    There expensive if u know a good seamstress I would go to them instead. And can get it cheaper . I didn't have that option wish I did tho. Good look
  • Valentina
    Devoted September 2019
    Valentina
    • Flag
    Wow I had no idea it was so expensive for alterations 馃槮 my mom is doing the alterations on my dress she is a seamstress/tailor. She was working on a clients dress and boy does she have a lot of work ahead of her. I didn鈥檛 even think to ask her how much her boss charges for that job.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly
    • Flag
    Yes alterations are expensive! It鈥檚 usually because alterations are a certain price per layer and wedding dresses have a ton of layers.
  • Stephanie
    Dedicated August 2019
    Stephanie
    • Flag
    Mine weren鈥檛 too bad. I had a corset back put in and a bustle added for around $200. It was way cheaper than I thought it would be!
  • Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique
    • Flag
    Holy wow! That is why I chose Not to go to David鈥檚 for mine
  • Brandi
    Devoted September 2021
    Brandi
    • Flag
    Oh my goodness. Save your self some money and ask people in your family to help with alterations especially if they use a sewing machine
  • K
    Beginner June 2019
    Krista
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I bought my dress from them and had my alterations done there. They did a hem on a multi layer tulle dress (I needed almost 4 inches taken off), shortened both straps (innner and outer) and took in the sides/ added bra cups and a 9 point bustle for about $400. It was a lot but my dress is really complex with layers of tulle and lace so it鈥檚 worth it. And they were done beautifully and in a timely manner.
  • Nique
    Devoted July 2019
    Nique
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wish I had that option if I could have I would have
  • #RMC2019
    Expert July 2019
    #RMC2019
    • Flag
    So being that you bought your dress there they don't offer the alterations for free??? Men's Wearhouse gives free alterations for people who purchase suits with them.

Comment on this discussion