Bridget
VIP August 2019

Daughter inclusion in ceremony?

Bridget, on August 17, 2019 at 2:16 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 10
Saved Save
Do any of ya'll plan on including your children in your ceremonies? I have a daughter from a previous relationship and she is not one to be the center of attention but I am wondering if there are any cute ways to include her. I've seen the groom "propose" to kids and I was thinking maybe I can give her a cute necklace from the both of us or something but I don't know lol what are your thoughts/ plans? For reference she's 8 & will be one of our flower girls.

10 Comments

• Lynne
    Super October 2020
    Lynne ·
    My FH has a daughter from a previous relationship. I love her as if she was mine. She will be a flower girl in our wedding. My two children are his.

Sounds strange, but I'm marrying my ex. We were married for 7 years, went our separate ways then got back together almost 3 years ago. This time it feels so much better.
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awe that's cute and doesn't sound strange at all! Are you including all the kiddies in the ceremony at all, other than her being a flower girl?

• Lynne
    Super October 2020
    Lynne ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes. Our oldest daughter is my MOH, our son is one of the groomsmen.
  • Kellie
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kellie ·
    I’m planning on saying something to my bonus children, to let them know they’re always going to be “my” children and I think my fiancé will do the same to my three. (I hate that. They’re our kids, not his and not mine just ours, lol )
  • Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    Both my daughter and my son from a previous marriage will be in our wedding. My daughter (12) is my junior bridesmaid and my son (17) is his junior groomsmen.
    Including them was important to both of us. We have been a couple for over 6 years and he has helped me raise them during this time.
    Both my kids are excited about bein part of the wedding.
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·
    View Quoted Comment

Lol I know, but it makes it much easier when explaining things lol that's cute, my only thing is she hates being the center of attention so I don't think she would like to be IN the ceremony... She is one of our flower girls but I feel like I should do something else to include her.

• Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·
    View Quoted Comment

Shes going to be one of our flower girls, I gave her the option of flower girl or junior bridesmaid and she chose flower girl lol

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

If she's comfortable, could you do a unity ceremony with your daughter?

• Stephanie
    Super August 2019
    Stephanie ·
    We both have kids from previous marriages, ages 8/8/7. My FSS is our ring bearer, and will be walking my MOH down the aisle. FSD is a flower girl, and both of them will meet FH at the end of the aisle to wait for me to walk. My son is walking me down the aisle, and once we reach the alter, the kids will stand with us for a short time. We have it written into our ceremony into about how we are creating a new family, and mention them, and we will kiss/hug them and then they will sit with our parents. All of them are a little shy, so we knew that we didn’t want to make a huge deal out of their involvement, but I love the way that we wrote them in quickly right in the beginning!
  • Florida Marlins
    Devoted October 2017
    Florida Marlins ·

We just attended a wedding where the bride had a ten year old daughter from a prior relationship. The groom read a short tribute to her, saying he will always be there for her and how much she means to him. He got kinda choked up, it was really sweet. He then gave her necklace.

Comment on this discussion