Amelia
Just Said Yes June 2021

Dance Floor alternatives

Amelia, on November 21, 2019 at 4:30 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 6
Saved Save
Any recommendations on a cheap alternative to a dance floor!? Most places I have looked to rent one runs around $200-$400! Do you know where I could rent one for cheaper (I’m located in Michigan) or do you have any other ideas! Thanks I’m advanced!

6 Comments

• C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    What’s your Venus like? Do you have to have one?
    Our venue had carpet and we just went with that
  • C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    *venue, autocorrect
  • Lily
    Dedicated December 2019
    Lily ·
    • Flag
    I agree that you don't necessarily have to have a dance floor. Wherever you set up the dj is generally where people dance. You could make it more prominent by focusing the dj lighting on it, or having a washi tape outline, or even just dancing there yourself for your first dance and people will get the hint. In my opinion the only time you NEED a dance floor is if you have cobblestone or grass.
  • Amelia
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Amelia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s a barn with cement flooring! I’m torn on whether I have to have one or not, I’m getting mixed responses!
  • Dayna
    Devoted March 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

I think a cement floor will be fine. I went to a backyard wedding last year where they rented a dance floor and the whole thing actually started sliding around during dances like the cha cha slide where everyone moved in the same direction Smiley xd If you already have a hard floor I think it would be fine.

• Betsy
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Betsy ·
    • Flag

I agree....a barn with a cement floor would be just fine for dancing. I wouldn't bother to set anything else up.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics