Skip to main content
CountryBride
VIP April 2022

Cups sewn into dress an option

CountryBride, on November 23, 2020 at 4:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved

I am not going to be able to wear a bra with my dress I would love have cups sewn into my dress however I need the support of a bra. do they offer push up cups to give me cleavage here's my dress with me in it, mind you I am pregnant so this is why Its not closing

Cups sewn into dress an option 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by April, on November 24, 2020 at 11:14 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Talk to the seamstress and find out what your options are. Typically cups do not provide support like a bra does. However they may be able to sew in boning similar to a corset that does eliminate the need for a bra.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I second the idea of adding boning! To be honest, I don’t know why they even make strapless gowns without boning anymore (especially after a certain cup size)! The boning will act kind of like a corset, helping to eliminate the need for a bra and also creating an hourglass figure.
  • CountryBride
    VIP April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Please forgive me for my ignorance but what is boning? and would it help with the cleavege

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It is plastic or metal structure added inside the dress like a corset. And actually, a seamstress may be able to see a corset inside the dress. And yes, adding boning or a corset would lift the breasts and create cleavage. I’ll attach some pics of boning and an added corset
    Cups sewn into dress an option 2
    Cups sewn into dress an option 3
    Cups sewn into dress an option 4

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

My dress was off the shoulder and I got cups sew in which was better and much cheaper than buying a special bra for the dress I wore. I would get cups.

• Michelle
    Master April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    My daughter in law’s wedding dress was backless & she’s a C cup. She bought a strapless bra & it gave her the support & cleavage she wanted.
    https://www.target.com/p/fashion-forms-women-s-superlite-adhesive-strapless-backless-bra/-/A-13793203?preselect=12730174#lnk=sametab

• April
    Dedicated November 2020
    April ·
    • Flag
    I had cups sewn into my dress and it
    Provided the same support as a bra, the cups had a bit of padding to them and once my dress was buttoned the fit was perfect.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics