K
Savvy August 2020

Cupcake favor suggestions

Kres, on January 3, 2021 at 3:19 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved

We decided that our favors would be the same flavor as our wedding cake; packaged in a nice white box at their seat. I'm not the greatest with puns and cute sayings. I'm trying to create a saying so that our guests know this and are not left wondering why or when it's time to eat cake. As if they'll care just as much as there is booze! LOL. "a taste of our love...enjoy our wedding cake"??

12 Comments

Latest activity by Katie, on January 3, 2021 at 9:27 PM
  • Tone
    Devoted July 2021
    Tone ·
    • Flag
    Are they a replacement for serving the cake or to take home? Sorry I was a little confused. If they’re to take home I think “take home a taste of our love” would be nice as a little tag on top
  • G
    Dedicated August 2021
    Gianna ·
    • Flag
    Some cute ones I’ve seen are “love is sweet, thanks for making our wedding day complete” “love is sweet, take a treat” and “a sweet ending to a new beginning”
    Not sure if these help but try Pinterest!
  • K
    Savvy August 2020
    Kres ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Replacement. It's up to them to enjoy right away or take home. Thanks for sharing!

• K
    Savvy August 2020
    Kres ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I've definitely looked to Pinterest, just looking for something specific. Thanks for sharing!

• Tone
    Devoted July 2021
    Tone ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What if you put “a taste of our love, your personal wedding treat” I think with that its implied that it is the cake replacement
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree with this though something should be served to eat on site. It's likely that guests will eat theirs at tge reception instead of taking them home.
  • K
    Savvy August 2020
    Kres ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re right, they probably will and that’s ok. I’m just looking for a catchy phrase / saying to imply that the cupcake favor is a taste of our wedding cake; rather than serving the actual cake. Due to covid restrictions, we had to improvise on certain components to the wedding and this is one of them.
  • Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda Online ·
    • Flag

What about "love is sweet, take a wedding cupcake treat." That way people will know it's a replacement for the actual wedding cake. Just a thought. I'm not that creative. LOL!

• K
    Savvy August 2020
    Kres ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I appreciate that. All is taken into consideration.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Go simple with "Love is sweet". Don't overthink it
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would agree. A favor isn’t necessary but guests might be disappointed if there’s no dessert served at the reception. I say let them eat cake! 🍰 😉
  • Katie
    Rockstar August 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I totally get having to be flexible for covid!! A few ideas: “You take the cake!! Thank you for sharing in our special day!” or “A bit of cake for you to enjoy and take”. You could add the flavor and a wedding cake image on the box if you like! For our wedding, I spread through word of mouth and on our website covid precautions we were taking so you could add your venue has wedding cake restrictions for your guests’ safety.
    Hope this helps!! ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics