We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Heather
Savvy May 2021

covid bride

Heather, on November 3, 2020 at 12:38 PM Posted in Planning 1 7
Saved Save

The uncertainty of all this wedding stuff has brought me to tears today. My wedding isn't until May 2021 but I don't even know what that is going to look like. My wedding is going to be in Mass and if I can't have a dance floor or a cocktail hour is it even worth it? My dad and sister have talked about using all the money to create my own special backyard wedding, but it's almost like I didn't wait my whole life to get married in my dad or sisters backyard. I love the venue we have, the food we picked out and all the memories I had envisioned for us. As much as postponing it sounds like my main option if things are going to still suck in 2022 why wait? I'm sure all of you brides out there are struggling I just don't know what to do

7 Comments

Latest activity by Heidi, on November 4, 2020 at 3:32 AM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is on 4/3/21 & I don’t know what to think. I’ve been married before but have never had a wedding. My fiancé & I are planning our dream wedding but the little seeds of doubt are planted...
  • Faviola
    Dedicated August 2021
    Faviola ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married august 2021. Im on the same boat as you I want the dancing the cocktail hour all that stuff you think about when you think of a wedding. But at this point I told my fiancée I’m not going to postpone it they let us bring 10 25 ppl so be it. I have so many of our stuff with our date on it. I just kinda hate that if we are only allowed like 15 people that our venue is so big fits like 300. Like you said so many brides postponed from this year to next year and for nothing because things look like they are not changing. And that’s why I said no to postponing to 2022. Best of luck on what you decide enjoy your engagement as much as you can and even though it’s a little hard during these times don’t let this virus kill the excitement of planning and marrying the love of you life. Sending positive vibes your way
  • Heather
    Savvy May 2021
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Needed all that love and positivity. You do the same Smiley smile

• Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

As someone who had their covid wedding already- I really do think that although my wedding was not exactly what I imagined it would be- it was perfectly imperfect. I loved having my friends and family there, even with masks and distance. I loved having our ceremony and getting married in front of our loved ones both there and watching virtually. I do think it would be worth it without a cocktail hour and dancing but ultimately that is up to you. I think if that's important to you, having a backyard wedding would be magical!

I am on the boat of, make the concessions and make it happen- why postpone more? None of us know when this will be "over" and "safe" again.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    My big wedding is March 2021, and our minimony was last month. I have faith that things will be a little better next year. I definitely think there still will be restrictions but I think it'll be less
  • Taylor
    Dedicated October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Very well said. I didnt post-phone. I did downsize and totally changed everything but it was beyond perfect. I am so glad I didnt post phone I almost did to May of 2021 and looks like things really will be the same. But I am hopeful for all of the future brides that at least by the summer and fall things should be as close to normal
  • Heidi
    Beginner February 2021
    Heidi ·
    • Flag
    I totally understand you. I have gone through all the feels from tears to not sleeping. I am a February 2021 bride and I just got an update from my venue. I wasn’t sure if my venue was hosting weddings at all. Today they told me they will start having weddings outside for 60 guests. I was told to check back in December for any updates. I haven’t sent out invites because everything was up in the air and I was hesitant to postpone. I still need to ask what other restrictions are in play like no cocktail and dancing. But I was really looking forward to dancing so I’d hate to miss out on that. I think I can do without the cocktail. I thought about a backyard wedding too but I have no options that work for a wedding as my backyard is tiny. I felt like it was a lot to ask anyone to allow guests that could potentially put their home at risk for Covid-19. Also, parking would be a situation at the homes I was thinking of. My photographer has been working at micro weddings. She said most of the places that are allowing wedding are private estates. I was told to have a plan B, C and D. At the end I don’t really want to postpone my date either. I feel like it will be a very special day regardless.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles