You guys...... UGH! My wedding is July 25 and my honeymoon starts July 31. I can’t postpone my wedding because I believe my honeymoon is non refundable(flight). It would be super weird to go on honeymoon before getting married so I’m not gonna do that. I guess if I have to I will go to the courthouse on the date.. go on honeymoon.. and then come back and have my wedding in August? Will that be weird to do the whole ceremony if I’m already married? This sucks. Or do you guys think I will be ok and July 25 is gonna be ok? Be honest don’t sugar coat it. I am remaining very optimistic but everyone in my family seems to be more pessimistic about it. I’m usually the realist/pessimist so I think if I’m positive it might be ok? Lol help oh- also important Info is that I’m in CA.. wedding in Napa.
I Think Everything Should Be Almost Back To Normal By That Time In My Opinion.
While there still might be a few restrictions. I don't think that we will have as many as we do now. I read an article earlier today that Dr. Fauci gave an interview and it sounded more optimistic than others. If I remember correctly that once things peak that we can start doing things again, but we need to at least wait till the end of the month before that can happen. I would wait it out and see what happens. Also take a look at when your state is supposed to peak, that will be a big indicator of when things should start to get back to normal!
I think that while things might not be back to the normal we had before March, I think that the situation should be a lot better by then. I've heard there might still be restrictions over the summer about really large gatherings (sports events, theaters, etc) but is seems like the hardest hit areas are starting to flatten the curve and might gradually re-open in the next month or two.
Things I could see still being in place is heavy encouragement to wash hands, not shaking hands, trying to keep some distance, maybe wearing a mask or really staying home if sick. I think that things might be in a good enough place by then that you don't have to worry about anything other than some precautions
Our wedding is July 12 and we are going forward as planned so far. We're also in CA (and in fact, also in NorCal). Since things are so fluid, our venue isn't deciding if July weddings are happening until June. I've spoken with our vendors and they have had several spring weddings postponed to summer. Personally, I think things will be okay by July, maybe not "normal", but "normal" enough to have gatherings. I've been relying on the data during this time. Curve projections from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation should things leveling off by early June. Check it out if you're interested, you can view the whole US as well as individual states: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
To do my due diligence, I am in the process of creating a back-up plan, should we have to postpone. I'm really hoping we don't have to postpone, because I am moving to Tucson a week after the wedding to be with my FH while he finishes his PhD. However, should we need to go forward with our backup plan, we still plan to get married on July 12, then fly back to CA and do the whole shebang, ceremony and reception, on our new postponed date.
July 25th here too - we are having the same struggles on if we should keep our date or postpone. I've talked to a few vendors who seem pretty optimistic, but honestly, they or anyone else on a forum is just going to give you their best guess on how things will be. My thought is that we should be much more opened up in July than we are now, BUT people may be afraid to come to a larger gathering and then there may just be more higher risk people like parents and grandparents that we need to think of. I think it is anyone's guess at this time. It's tough to not agonize over it, but I'm trying to hold out to May 1st to make a decision. My worry is that I would postpone and then July 25th rolls around and things are ok. However, I think what is more realistic is that there may be weddings but there will likely be way less of them due to this virus. Good luck to you.
If most of your guests are local, then I would say there's certainly a decent shot that your wedding would be able to happen on July 25. Of course, things are changing daily so there's no knowing for sure, but it definitely seems possible. Is your honeymoon domestic or international? If your honeymoon is international, then I'd unfortunately say that there is a high likelihood that your honeymoon, not your wedding, will be the part you'd have to cancel...My parents just recently had an international flight for August cancelled by their airline with no say whatsoever! Even if our country 'opens back up' by the summer, international travel is another story...I'm so sorry
View Quoted Comment
Luckily my honeymoon is in Hawaii so I think it will be ok? In terms of like restaurants being open and stuff. Most everyone is local but there are 3 bridal party folks that have to fly. 2 could drive if they had to but yeah I need my bridesmaids for sure it’s so important. 🤞🏻
Trust and believe in God he had the plan that you and your groom will marry I pray you guys stay safe and healthy because when the day comes. Your happiness will be what see it all through the storm. God bless
Our wedding is July 4th. We’ve had the same concerns and we are in NY(yikes). Things are starting to peak which makes me think we may be on the downfall of this whole thing. Super optimistic that we will all be in a more normal place by then. NY is shutdown until the end of April for now so we are trying to wait until mid may to make a choice on keeping or postponing. Sending love and thoughts your way during this unknown time
June 19th here - Take it day by day girl. We’re not deciding until May 4th, if we’ll move it or not. That’s an extra two weeks after our Indiana extended stay-at-home order. I really think we’ll be okay, but we have a back up set in place just in case. Try your best to not worry too TOO much about it for at least the next couple weeks. We gotta see if it gets worse or better first.